• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stephenchin

• penzel_washinkton

• Mech-for-i

• mke

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought I could ever clear my wishlist. Lets hope, it is not as mignonne as the cigar-shaped one.

Still waiting for / dreaming of a Moonman eyedropper the size of a Namiki Emperor or at least the size of an MB149/Pelikan M1000.

Guess I need to restart ordering bespoke pens.

It's just a clear acrylic tube. How boring. I'll stick with the M2 (with a vintage nib).

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

> It's just a clear acrylic tube. How boring. I'll stick with the M2

No problem, nobody is taking your gadget away.

A stylist is part of a team. An unpractical tool points more to a bad team in general.

I like the pen.

I like how the step down is further away from the section and the #6 nib makes it unnecessary to hold the pen anywhere near the step down, at least for me.

The shape may be a little boring, but I think that's remedied by the fact that it's a Demonstrator and allows the ink to enhance the aesthetics.

I think it's improved upon the ergonomics of the M2 sufficiently while keeping it stylish and trying something new.

OOOh Laaa Laaa, me wants me one (or more) of these....

"Clearly", there's no chance of it posting. I hope it's long enough.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Just noticed that these are now on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Moonman-C1-Transparent-Eye-Dropper-Filling-Fountain-Pen-Large-Capacity-Gift/392298183207?hash=item5b56cb3a27:m:mC5Tp_WcXcTVDEq6-CSLwMw

It appears that the section on this pen is not clear and that it can be used with a converter. Now I'm curious to see the first reviews of it.

Edited by NighthawkSix

Ooooh, it does use a converter... I like that for "just-in-case", and the added versatility :).

I usually don't like pens without clips, but this one has snuck to the top of my list.

And it had to come at the same time the #6-nibbed-FPR Himalaya was released... that'll put a slight dent in the wallet, so to speak lol.

I like the acrylic section, nice pen. I think I will buy one, but I will wait until the price drops a little.

Looks like it's 138mm capped, just like the M2. Someone said it looks like a Newton pen.

I was confused by the comparison to Newton pens, since it didn't look like anything specific I'd seen from them before. I think I've finally figured it out.

Shanghai Jingdian (I believe Frank Underwater said they're developing Moonman pens?) on Taobao have these for pre-sale, too, with more information and photos. (No affiliation.)

The eBay (and matching AliExpress) pre-sale page both mention the model of the pen, the C1, and the 2.6mm converter size.

But the last pictures on the page show the reason why I think it's being compared to Newton pens: they have the roll-stop measure of having a single facet on one side of the pen, like the Newton Shinobi.

If the sections feel like the M100, I'll definitely give one a whirl. Shanghai Jingdian seems to be selling it for about the same price as the Moonman S3, but I don't know if that's a pre-sale promotion.

Edited to add that it looks like the RMB99 price is for the presale from 13 May to 19 May, and it'll be RMB119 after that, or the same price as the Moonman N3.

Edited by JollyCynic

As long as I can't determine the color of the grip section, I will not buy it. The description says the color of the section depends on the side of the section, but I do not think that to be all. There seem to be at least three differently colored sections.

It is different enough for me to make me interested.

Personally if it were similar to the original M2, I would not be interested since the M2 in itself is very good for the price.

The price of $25 (w/o box) is something that need second thoughts before buying it though.