Lady Patricia Or Something Else?

kestrel

I found this in a "fountain pen lot for parts or repair" a while back and assumed it was a Lady Patricia but the more I hunt around the web the more questions I have. It doesn't look like a frankenpen but I have never seen a photo of a Lady Patricia with the rivet clip or the globe style lever or this style of cap band. I have seen Patricians with the black cap lip but not Lady Patricias. The nib is "soft" but by no means flexible. Thoughts from the experts (or at least those who know more about this brand than I do which is most of you) would be appreciated as I attempt to reduce my ignorance about this pen.

fpn_1557892498__p5140007_copy.jpg

Dave Campbell
Retired Science Teacher and Active Pen Addict
Every day is a chance to reduce my level of ignorance.

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kestrel

• gregamckinney

• PaulS

• GlenV

Thats an interesting pen, has too early lever and different clip for a lady Patricia ...

Regards, Glen

I'm having trouble remembering for certain, but I'm pretty sure it is a 94.

greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

I'm having trouble remembering for certain, but I'm pretty sure it is a 94.

greg

Thanks for the lead, Greg, but the 94 is well over five inches long and this little lady is the size of a Lady Patricia, only 4.25 inches long, and there is no hint of a number on the barrel.

The more I try to identify this pen the more I am amazed by the diversity in size, materials, nibs, and styles of golden age Waterman's pens.

Dave Campbell

as very much a non-expert, can't add further as to which model No., but according to the book, and size aside, the colourway appears to be 'Persian' with rivet clip - a livery that the 94 did have - shame about the barrel discolouration but very choice pen.

If it is too short to be a 94, then it must be a 52V, the only other model (besides desk pens) that Persian was offered in.

Best, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

Here's two links that might help: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/297741-52-v-vs-52-12-v/ (52V vs 521/2). And a video of a great flex nib Waterman 52V with great writing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ysGnAnUP0

I love these smaller Waterman pens, and my favorite pen of all time was a black smaller pen (great nib, long since lost and I still mourn).

If it is too short to be a 94, then it must be a 52V, the only other model (besides desk pens) that Persian was offered in.

Best, greg

Thank you, again, Greg. I refined my searches using Persian and found all kinds of contradictory "information." Two social media sites had photos of a pen identical to mine and called it a "Lady Patricia" but I know nothing about the qualifications of the posters. Two others also had photos of identical pens identifying them as 52Vs but, again, I know nothing about the qualifications of the posters. I lean towards your assessment of it as a 52V but have you seen 52Vs with no number imprint on the barrel end? I haven't but my experience with this model is rather limited.

Since I posted this a real, honest to goodness, Lady Patricia came into my pen life and I can compare. I think I like the pen above better.

Dave Campbell