Jump to content

The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team


Converter, Converter, Converter ....


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mech-for-i



  • Member - Gold

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts
  • Location:Hong Kong
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2019 - 13:28



Check that last one ... just when I think converter is just converter ...

Sponsored Content

#2 GardenWeasel



  • Member - Gold

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • Location:Columbia, SC

Posted 12 May 2019 - 14:27

Second from top is interesting too! Kinda a thumb slide...to my eyes. Thanks for sharing!
Posted Image

#3 almoore


    Extremely Rare

  • Member - Gold

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 15:06

I like the bottom one.

Inspired by the TWSBI Go perhaps?


#4 inkstainedruth


    Ancient Artifact

  • Member - Gold

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,275 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2019 - 18:51

Second from top is interesting too! Kinda a thumb slide...to my eyes. Thanks for sharing!



To me it looks like the Parker slide converters.  And probably works almost as well -- that is to say not very....  :( 

The bottom one is kinda neat.  Looks like the insides of a TWSBI Go, from the pix I've seen of those pens.

But I tend to use pens that if c/c fillers, tend to take proprietary converters (mostly Parkers, but also stuff like Waterman, Cross. and Pilot).  The only pens I think I have that are International Standard are a couple of cheapies that I think are Reforms (from when I took Richard Binder's nib class at my first pen show), the 1980s Pelikano (which means I can finally use my cartridges of Edelstein Amethyst from my first Pellkan Hub  :thumbup:, and maybe the Rotring Art Pen (which already had one installed when my friend gave it to me).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#5 penzel_washinkton


    Collectors Item

  • Member - Gold

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2019 - 22:22

Yup, the second converter is used mainly by Parker (their cheapest offering) and I believe the converter that comes with FPR pens have that slide mechanism.

Many people lament it since you could easily get accidental ink horror show with that type of converter.


That last one though is an improvement on the second one, not sure whether that was inspired by the GO or the GO was actually taking inspiration from past model of this kind of converter. But it is by far the most convenient compared to the others in my opinion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: converter

Sponsored Content