Fountain Pen Friendly Notebook For Work

Inksomnia

I use these

https://www.clairefontaine.com/product-en-78532c-clairefontaine-age-bag-a5-wire-bound-notebook-50sheets-148x21cm.html

• Must be spiralbound - yes
  • Hardcover - yes, sort of (the cover is not too hard but the heavy paper holds itself up easily)
  • Lined or dotted - yes
  • A5 size - yes
  • available in european website - yes
  • Under 20 euros. - yes
  • No bleedtrough, no featering etc. - yes Clairefontaine is the best at this
  • At least 150 pages - NO. come on, you can't get a 150 page notebook with 90g weight... it would be a brick...
  • Preferable fast drying capabilities - NO, you can't get very fast drying on such smooth coated paper

Certifications: PEFC 100%
Format dimensions: A5
Unit EAN: 3329680785326
Weight: 90
Number of pages: 50
Binding: reliure intégrale
Size: 148X210
Cover type: Carte grain cuir

I usually find them on Amazon...

at approx £5 each you are within budget for 150 pages, although you need 3 of them,

still I prefer to have more notebooks than lousy paper...

Edited by sansenri

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mercian

• Inksomnia

• TitoThePencilPimp

• Karmachanic

Not ‘Oxblood’

Oxford.

They do ranges for students, and ranges for ‘professionals’.

Linky.

Edit: actually, even better than the Oxford ‘Campus’ wire-bound notebooks that I suggested earlier would be the Oxford ‘Office Essentials’ twin-wire notebook range.

Twin-wire binding allows 360-degree opening; 90gsm Oxford Optik paper; 180 pages; 7mm-ruled lines.

Edit again: on Amazon uk they are available (today at least) in packs of 5 for £18.14 with card covers, or £20.34 with polypropelene covers.

They also include a removable, re-positionable plastic page divider/ruler.

Why have I never found these before? Now I wants one!

Obviously a typo....

I use these

https://www.clairefontaine.com/product-en-78532c-clairefontaine-age-bag-a5-wire-bound-notebook-50sheets-148x21cm.html

• Must be spiralbound - yes
  • Hardcover - yes, sort of (the cover is not too hard but the heavy paper holds itself up easily)
  • Lined or dotted - yes
  • A5 size - yes
  • available in european website - yes
  • Under 20 euros. - yes
  • No bleedtrough, no featering etc. - yes Clairefontaine is the best at this
  • At least 150 pages - NO. come on, you can't get a 150 page notebook with 90g weight... it would be a brick...
  • Preferable fast drying capabilities - NO, you can't get very fast drying on such smooth coated paper

Certifications: PEFC 100%

Format dimensions: A5

Unit EAN: 3329680785326

Weight: 90

Number of pages: 50

Binding: reliure intégrale

Size: 148X210

Cover type: Carte grain cuir

I usually find them on Amazon...

at approx £5 each you are within budget for 150 pages, although you need 3 of them,

still I prefer to have more notebooks than lousy paper...

Unfortunately not everybody uses the terms "sheet" and "page" the same way in notebooks. I used to think it is obvious, but it's clearly not.

Unfortunately on the page you linked to, it seems that Clairefontaine thinks that they're the same thing: the title says "50sheets", and the description said "Number of pages: 50". Is it 25 sheets with 50 pages? Is it 50 sheets with 100 pages? Is it 50 single-sided sheets and thus only 50 pages?

Unfortunately not everybody uses the terms "sheet" and "page" the same way in notebooks. I used to think it is obvious, but it's clearly not.

Unfortunately on the page you linked to, it seems that Clairefontaine thinks that they're the same thing: the title says "50sheets", and the description said "Number of pages: 50". Is it 25 sheets with 50 pages? Is it 50 sheets with 100 pages? Is it 50 single-sided sheets and thus only 50 pages?

A quick search of the intertubes reveals: 50 sheet 100 pages.

Add lightness and simplicate.

Obviously a typo....

I initially thought that it must be but, since you had written...

I purchased some oxblood spiral notebooks from amazon. Wow they sucked. lots of showthrough with pencil. I dared not use pencil. Are we talking about the same notebook?

...I reasoned that you couldn’t be talking about the Oxford notebooks that I cited.

I thought that you must instead have accidentally misread my post and thought that I was talking about a brand called ‘Oxblood’ - whose name had been ‘red-flagged’ in your mind ever since you’d bought one of their notebooks and found its paper to be so shockingly unusable.

Oxford Optik paper is 90gsm, and is a smooth, hard-coated paper.

In terms of its resistance to showthrough and bleedthrough it’s like the 80gsm Clairefontaine paper in their notepads or, better yet, the 90gsm Clairefontaine paper that one finds in Rhodia Webnotebooks.

If you were using a notebook in which you were getting showthrough with a pencil, the notebook you were using didn’t contain Oxford Optik paper.

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

How this paper compare with their black cover offerings?

I would say, it feels a little faster drying/less silky. Which IMO is a good thing.

And of course it's juts a plain grid without the more elaborate print pattern (headers, room for date, etc.) of the executive ones.

-k