The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

What Is The Difference Between Aurora Optima And Aurora Optima Mini?

aurora

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vonManstein

vonManstein

Themoldypeaches

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2019 - 10:37

Is Aurora Optima Mini same as Optima? Model number is 996. It looks like regular Optima Aurolide to me but Im not sure what size is it.
Inked: Sailor King Pro Gear, Sailor Nagasawa Proske, Sailor 1911 Standard, Parker Sonnet Chiselled Carbon, Parker 51, Pilot Custom Heritage 92, Platinum Preppy

Sponsored Content

#2 clear1

clear1

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 21:06

Mini is mini. :) Very small. About the size of Kaweco Sports?

#3 vonManstein

vonManstein

Themoldypeaches

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2019 - 21:18

Mini is mini. :) Very small. About the size of Kaweco Sports?

Thanks. I thought the seller has maybe misnamed it because I never heard of Optima Mini before. That means I will pass on this one.
Inked: Sailor King Pro Gear, Sailor Nagasawa Proske, Sailor 1911 Standard, Parker Sonnet Chiselled Carbon, Parker 51, Pilot Custom Heritage 92, Platinum Preppy

#4 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 20:36

The Aurora Optima Mini is a small size Optima which was meant to be dedicated to women users

fpn_1557779343__aurora_optima_mini.jpg

Interestingly it has threads on the section just after the nib, which would make it comfortable (no threads under the fingers) were it not for the fact that it has a rather evident step down barrel to section...

I have only seen it in red auroloide (a rather dark cherry red and black) although I'm sure there is a black version.

(A Sapphire blue version seems to exist, and also the green auroloide - I am not counting the Minima versions here, Sole and the other red one).

It sells at a list price of euro 450 (eg Novelli, Rome)

regarding size

capped 11,3 cm;
posted13,1 cm;
cap width 54,2 mm;
barrel width 105 mm.

its just slightly larger than an M300

there's a nice review here on FPN by Phthalo

http://www.fountainp...ra-mini-optima/

Edited by sansenri, 13 May 2019 - 21:25.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aurora

Sponsored Content

|