My Beginners Flock

Guest LyaT

Did you receive that cafe creme? It is a beautiful pen!

No sadly, the replacement one hasn't turned up yet. But I live in hope, given that I misplaced my first "good" pen, a Parker Vector, in the house for something like ten months -- fortunately, in that case, right after I had flushed it out. And on Friday, while packing to go out of town for the weekend, I found a CD that I had misplaced... now if I can just find the REPLACEMENT CD (which cost a LOT less than the replacement Café Creme did (between rewards points and fighting with the seller over shipping and such -- when I could have DRIVEN to their warehouse and just picked it up, rather than run the risk of it being stolen off my porch and after all fuss about how "DHL doesn't provide tracking info" it came in the mail -- from an hour away in the next county...) I ended up pay a whopping 68¢ for it (seller doesn't have to know that ;)) -- and the "amended" feedback after getting the partial refund was NOT amended they way the seller hoped... Not in any way shape or form.... Because the feedback was amended to say "This is what they offered -- a PARTIAL refund for amended feedback after their initial poor communication and lousy shipping practices. Amazon buyers, beware of this 3rd Party seller! (There, I amended the feedback....)" :lticaptd: [My mother would have been so proud.... :thumbup: ] And of course the replacement CD was remastered and not in a good way on top of all that :angry: -- it got rid of the "Awww baby!" at the end of track 1.... :( But, well, it was 68¢ after all that grief. Way less than current prices on eBay for a (third) replacement Cafe Creme.... :crybaby:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

edited for formatting

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LyaT

• Bo Bo Olson

• inkstainedruth

• Christopher Godfrey

Way less than current prices on eBay for a (third) replacement Cafe Creme.... :crybaby:[/font]

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

edited for formatting

Oh dear, to have lost that beautiful pen twice, how unlucky! I cant imagine losing my Ghost or Red Tortoise.

I am finally back! My account was removed shortly after the post. I guess because my email looks like spam to the system. I registered and finally got the account validated today. I read all your warm and kind messages while waiting, thanks so much!

A bit of update. I could see the tines were misaligned with my 400nn, I bent it with my fingers. It became better but still writes too dry. So I sent it to Peter Twydle to get it adjusted. The pen came back this week. He managed to remove the nib unit, which I now put in my Ghost. It writes wet now, much better smoothness. The piston seal is gone on the 400nn. I dont want to fix that, since I am happier using my Ghost body.

OH! you have to fix that 400NN. Fixing the piston is an easy job for a pen repair expert, it's probably just the cork to be replaced. You would be missing out, the 400NN is a fantastic pen (possibly the nicest vintage Pelikan available, together with the 100-101n)!

You'll find another nib for it... :D

<OH! you have to fix that 400NN. Fixing the piston is an easy job for a pen repair expert, it's probably just the cork to be replaced. You would be missing out, the 400NN <is a fantastic pen (possibly the nicest vintage Pelikan available, together with the 100-101n)!

<You'll find another nib for it..

+1: totally agree -- if you once start using that pen, you will soon find that you love it! Vintage Pelikans rule!

Love those Pelikans! Great collection! Many more to go, watch out pocketbook! Lol

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

<OH! you have to fix that 400NN. Fixing the piston is an easy job for a pen repair expert, it's probably just the cork to be replaced. You would be missing out, the 400NN <is a fantastic pen (possibly the nicest vintage Pelikan available, together with the 100-101n)!

<You'll find another nib for it..

+1: totally agree -- if you once start using that pen, you will soon find that you love it! Vintage Pelikans rule!

Thanks for the suggestions!

I bought the 400nn to try out vintage nib only. I used the pen for a while even though the seal was gone. I like the shape and the amount of ink capacity. Yet I much prefer using a modern pen body with the vintage nib. Modern M6xx are so beautiful!

If I were to buy another 400nn, I want a black striped with B or OB nib. Hopefully in a serviced condition. If I ever find one!

Love those Pelikans! Great collection! Many more to go, watch out pocketbook! Lol

Many to go... well said...

I only want a small collection for every day uses:)

Many to go... well said...

I only want a small collection for every day uses:)

I remember saying that once... :rolleyes:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

• 3 months later...

~ LyaT:

What great photos!

I love your comments about how they all came to roost.

Thank you for posting images of your colorful flock.

Tom K.

Thank you Tom K. My photo skills are nothing compared to yours!

I am happy to report that flock had grown in the last three months. I added a 400 brown tortoise with KM nib, an M805 blue dunes, and an M620 Piazza Navona. I got a few extra nibs in OB and OBB, to try out the old style obliques. It is really fun to walk down the road of collecting different nibs.