Thanks all.. appreciate the inputs - now to wait on a Group Buy with the smaller variations
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Closed - Ranga Handmade Pens- Bock Titanium Nibs Group Buy With Popular Twelve Models In 50 Ebonite Colours!ranga handmade pens india bock titanium kandan pandurangan ebonite german
Posted 04 July 2019 - 06:52
Thank you for this review, as I have ordered almost the same model, except with a fine nib, I am glad to read how happy you are with yours. I found my previous military green Bamboo with 1.1 Bock nib was both comfortable and wrote well, and I feel this black and yellow model does look like a blackened bamboo. As you say the Titanium nib is reputed to be rather wet, which is why I went for the fine nib, but of course this can be tweaked by ink choice. You are right though that using it as an eyedropper would make it even wetter. Thanks again maclink!
My Ranga Bamboo regular with a titanium nib, Medium arrived today.
It writes beautifully with quite a wet line, though not as wet as my Visconti HomoSapiens. I've grown to love wet lines.
The nib is well tuned and is well aligned.
Overall, great value.
This one does NOT post, although I don't think this is a requirement since the pen is well big enough to use without posting.
... and here are some size comparisons with pens that I use just fine without posting.
Here it is with my other Rango pen, a model 4c
I highly recommend this model and the nib. I prefer it to my model 4c. I found it to be surprisingly comfortable to write with despite the considerable change in calibre between the barrel and the nib/grip section. The threads don't come in contact with my hand at all. I don't plan to use it as an eyedropper although it seems like it can be used as one.
Posted 21 July 2019 - 18:19
Just for completeness... (and to inflict my horrendous handwriting upon the world)
Edited by BaronWulfraed, 21 July 2019 - 18:20.
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ranga, handmade, pens, india, bock, titanium, kandan, pandurangan, ebonite, german
The Market Place →
Market Watch →
Regional Focus →
USA - North America →
FPN Community →
Pay It Forward, Loaner Programs & Group Buys →
Writing Instruments →
Repair Q&A →
Brand Focus →