A Few New Montblanc Inks Have Arrived And More To Come

Fritz Schimpf

This year we will see many new inks from Montblanc. Some of the inks have allready arrived

and we really like them.

Montblanc Modena Red:

post-80974-0-40574700-1556813509_thumb.jpg

post-80974-0-98204400-1556813543_thumb.jpg

Montblanc Pop Pink:

post-80974-0-68237600-1556813562_thumb.jpg

post-80974-0-10154100-1556813593_thumb.jpg

Montblanc Petrol Blue:

post-80974-0-88502000-1556813625_thumb.jpg

What do you think of these new inks?

For further information please visit our online shop on www.fritz-schimpf.de

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1nkulus

• MightyEighth

• DrDebG

• cellmatrix

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd have to see the Modena Red in person but I'll give the Petrol Blue a shot.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I don't use red inks often so my one bottle of Corn Poppy Red will likely last until I die otherwise I'd hurry and pick up another bottle before it's gone.

Petrol Blue looks really interesting and might make its way onto my shelf.

IMO, the Petrol Blue could turn out to be very successful.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

The petrol Blue looks great. Did the orange arrive?

Edited by Uncial

Any idea of the water resistance of Petrol Blue? Has anyone tested it yet?

Edited by BetterLateThanNever

Seems as if every pen/ink company is increasing the numbers.

But in the ink overviews of the Japanese pen magazine "Shumi-no-bungu-bako" is still empty space as you can see below. Yet, soon they might need to increase their "centerfold" overviews. The backside has also extensive lists. This one is from last year.

Next issue (June) is Nr.50, probably they cover ink too.

fpn_1556866851__inks.jpg

Edited by mke

Two more new inks have arrived: Montblanc Cool Grey and Montblanc Manganese Orange.

Cool Grey is very similar to Oyster Grey, a bit darker and a less warm grey.

post-80974-0-09285700-1556970913_thumb.jpg

Manganese Orange is very nice orange, lighter than the Montblanc Lucky Orange.

post-80974-0-05675500-1556971699_thumb.jpg

The orange looks promising.

Engineer :

IMO, the Petrol Blue could turn out to be very successful.

It's very Yama Dori

It's very Yama Dori

and a lot cheaper. biggrin.png

Engineer :

That's awesome. I was wishing for another blue in the MB regular ink line up and I think the Petrol Blue will be perfect, right in between the Royal Blue and Midnight Blue. If it has some water resistance like the current Midnight Blue, even better. Like the Modena Red and Manganese Orange too. If the POP pink runs a dark shade of pink in a fine wet nib, it has possibilities too.

Hmm. . . I like the Petrol Blue and the Manganese Orange. The Cool Grey and Pop Pink look interesting. I am not so sure about the Modena Red.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Seems as if every pen/ink company is increasing the numbers.

But in the ink overviews of the Japanese pen magazine "Shumi-no-bungu-bako" is still empty space as you can see below. Yet, soon they might need to increase their "centerfold" overviews. The backside has also extensive lists. This one is from last year.

Next issue (June) is Nr.50, probably they cover ink too.

fpn_1556866851__inks.jpg

This is really cool. Could you share where you got it? I would love to get a copy.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Hmmm. Petrol Blue looks a lot like the Leo Tolstoy LE ink from a couple of years ago. It would be interesting to see a side by side. I'm sorry now that I didn't get a second bottle of Tolstoy when I had the chance (other of course than because of the price...). I don't normally like that shade of blue/teal, but I was in Fountain Pen Hospital over Christmas and was leafing through the swab books and saw Tolstoy was still available so I snagged one of the few remaining bottles they had on the shelf. Very nice in a broad stub (I had it in a vintage Pelikan 400 with an OB nib, IIRC).

Guess I should pull that bottle out and ink something up....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I'm liking these new colors... I may need to go shopping!

Precisely the reason, I fear my wallet might throttle me. biggrin.png

Engineer :