The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Montegrappa Extra Photo Thread

montegrappa extra extra1930 fountain pen montegrappa extra montegrappa extra 1930

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#161 fpupulin

fpupulin

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 22:51

Black Bamboo in sunshine (sorry for the quality of the pic). What a pen!

attachicon.gif IMG_20200107_120310.jpg

What a pen, mate!

Sponsored Content

#162 CeeElle

CeeElle

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:45

I do love the bamboo celluloid of the Extra, absolutely stunning, congrats on the pickup.

Here's another green Extra that was hastily shot the other day. Marbled celluloid on marble is good combination right?

VHGX8HVh.jpg

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

#163 rdicecio

rdicecio

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 16:37

Any thoughts on the new Extra Otto Sapphirus?

https://www.kenroind...otto-sapphirus/

#164 Uncial

Uncial

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 January 2020 - 23:16

Hmm, not sure gold was the right choice there. Looks like cut granit through a magnifying glass. I like that aspect.

#165 ArchiMark

ArchiMark

Pen Nut & Pretty Good Guy

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:23

I do love the bamboo celluloid of the Extra, absolutely stunning, congrats on the pickup.

Here's another green Extra that was hastily shot the other day. Marbled celluloid on marble is good combination right?

+1 about the black bamboo pen.........and your Extra Otto is very handsome too!

Agree with Uncial....like the stone like look of the main material....nothing against metal sections, but at least in photo, the rose gold section is quite dominating visually to my eyes....but might be OK in person.....

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Current Pens:, Delta, Montegrappa, Parker, Wahl-Eversharp

* Please see my current pen listings

#166 fpupulin

fpupulin

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 23:22

I find the main material truly interesting, even though I have no idea about the weight... In the photos the metal finish looks more bronze than rose gold, which is not bad either.

However, I would warn Montegrappa about abusing of the classic lines of the Extra 1930 and Extra Otto in too many finishes. The original choices in the 1930, in Marbled Green and Turtle celluloid, then Black Bamboo and subsequently Black and White (the last three coexisting), offered over an arc of fifteen years, seemed more reasoned and made of those pens truly classics. The same is true for the Otto, which for years was only offered in Malachite, Shiny Lines and Zebra celluloids.

It seems to me that there may be a risk of an overexposure of the Extra, which could be perceived as a less classic and less exclusive pen, good for all tastes. Montblanc took sixty years to introduce a change in the trim color of his Meisterstück 149 ...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montegrappa, extra, extra1930, fountain pen, montegrappa extra, montegrappa extra 1930

Sponsored Content

|