• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fpupulin

• como

• francoiacc

• Ceelo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Uncial, I could not resist in posting a shot of your pen sister! What a chic pen...

fpn_1560121023__montegrappa_extra_otto_a

Ah, much more refined photography skills! I ended up with a fine nib. I've stuck with medium nibs because I quite like the stubbish aspect they can have but thought it might be good to have something in my normal size

I've noticed that the Shiny Lines pattern is aligned in two ways: 1. lines are aligned with nib, showing off the pattern while you hold the pen; 2. the pattern is lined up like Arco, with lines on both sides. I like both ways. What a beauty!

Francesco!

Now do we buy them two at a time?

The curiosity is unbearable...

It is really impossible to resit to nice pens at a good price. The first one is arriving today, a lovely Extra 1930 Bamboo Black, the second is a wonderful online finding over a Sunday pen hunting: a 1st series Red Cinnamon Classica :P .

This reminds me of the Omas Pearl Grey celluloid, elegant and classic. Congratulations!

Mine has already arrived :wub:

fpn_1560112276__extra_1930_black_and_whi

It is really impossible to resit to nice pens at a good price. The first one is arriving today, a lovely Extra 1930 Bamboo Black, the second is a wonderful online finding over a Sunday pen hunting: a 1st series Red Cinnamon Classica :P .

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! !

Black Bamboo is, among the Extra 1930s, the most exquisitely mysterious, refined, and elegant celluloid if you want just a hint of color in a basically dark, sober pen. No doubts, a pen that could be used for every day work, equally at home on the table of an ancient library and that of the board room.

There is something fresh, vital, "linfous", in the bright and dark greens that pop up from the depth of the transparent black, like they have their own light and life...

May be you know that my Black Bamboo is one of the few pens in my stable with a "personal" name. I call her "Acque del Sile", as the green striations over the black remind me of the quiet waters of the Sile river when it crosses the town of Treviso, where my Extra 1930 was gifted to me by my wife, with their long green algae filaments floating over the almost black background and the reflections of the weeping willows that abound along the shores of the river.

fpn_1560173822__montegrappa_acque_del_si

fpn_1560175269__treviso_2016_1.jpg

As to the Classica, it is the venerable ancestor of all the Extra dinasty, and any serious Montegrappist should have one of these, the pen with which the great Extra story begins. You will feel the solidity of this beautiful pen (I own one in charcoal), and the color you choose is truly unique and beautiful.

I guess you won a bid on Ebay.it. I saw that beautiful pen and I was seriously tempted, but my pen budget has been already stretched enough... Anyway, glad not having bid against you!

I guess you won a bid on Ebay.it. I saw that beautiful pen and I was seriously tempted, but my pen budget has been already stretched enough... Anyway, glad not having bid against you!

Yes I think it was that!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! !

Black Bamboo is, among the Extra 1930s, the most exquisitely mysterious, refined, and elegant celluloid if you want just a hint of color in a basically dark, sober pen. No doubts, a pen that could be used for every day work, equally at home on the table of an ancient library and that of the board room.

There is something fresh, vital, "linfous", in the bright and dark greens that pop up from the depth of the transparent black, like they have their own light and life...

May be you know that my Black Bamboo is one of the few pens in my stable with a "personal" name. I call her "Acque del Sile", as the green striations over the black remind me of the quiet waters of the Sile river when it crosses the town of Treviso, where my Extra 1930 was gifted to me by my wife, with their long green algae filaments floating over the almost black background and the reflections of the weeping willows that abound along the shores of the river.

I remember your thread of the Bamboo Black... you photos are seriously dangerous :D

Edited by francoiacc

The picture is just terrible, luckily the subject makes it more enjoyably: my nice pair with the last arrived, the Montegrappa Extra 1930 Bamboo Black. :wub:

post-141623-0-36903000-1560366453_thumb.jpg

Wonderful - congratulations on your latest arrival :)

There's definitely room for more in that little box ;)

✒️ :happyberet:

In a certain light they just glow.....

fpn_1560204249__glows.jpg

Uncial, in a few days you revealed quite a serious group of Montegrappa Extra treasures: what seems to be an orange Colori del Mare, a Extra Otto Shiny Lines, and a Extra 1930 in Black Bamboo...

They are splendid, and dangerously contagious, fountain pens!

I miss my days of student, when I was saving to buy the one and only fountain pen... Meh, today I really like having my stable of pens, each one with her personality! And the Extras by Montrgrappa are never enough...

Edited by fpupulin

The picture is just terrible, luckily the subject makes it more enjoyably: my nice pair with the last arrived, the Montegrappa Extra 1930 Bamboo Black. :wub:

A great, great, great pair, Francesco!

When I came back home from work, in the evening, these are two of the pens that most frequently I grab from the box to have fun with calligraphy. My two have both stub nibs.

Which nib you got on the Black Bamboo?

Bravo Montegrappa! Bravo for the gorgeous pens, for the octagonal inkwell, and also for the luscious box!

And bravo Francesco!

Uncial, in a few days you revealed quite a serious group of Montegrappa Extra treasures: what seems to be an orange Colori del Mare, a Extra Otto Shiny Lines, and a Extra 1930 in Black Bamboo...

They are splendid, and dangerously contagious, fountain pens!

I miss my days of student, when I was saving to buy the one and only fountain pen... Meh, today I really like having my stable of pens, each one with her personality! And the Extras by Montrgrappa are never enough...

It's shameful, I know, but a guilty pleasure. All bought with the proceeds of the sale of 43 pens. On the plus side all the sales were of pens I wasn't using and it's time for someone else to cherish and enjoy them. From my first Colori del Mar Shark I knew I'd hit a Goldilocks pen as far as my wants and preferences. The collection rapidly grew after that initial Shark model and each and every nib has delighted me in incredible smoothness and the girth, size and balance are perfect for my hand. The downside is my other remaining pens aren't getting much ink and I seem to be shrinking to three brands; Pelikan, Montblanc and Montegrappa.

I succumbed to this in a flash: Montegrappa Extra Mosaic Wildlife, #18/20. Though not celluloid, the resin has exquisite luster and depth.

fpn_1560468939__f0ee5a6f-1dda-49c6-a5ea-

fpn_1560468979__d389b112-1f80-4c77-8172-

It's shameful, I know, but a guilty pleasure. All bought with the proceeds of the sale of 43 pens. On the plus side all the sales were of pens I wasn't using and it's time for someone else to cherish and enjoy them. From my first Colori del Mar Shark I knew I'd hit a Goldilocks pen as far as my wants and preferences. The collection rapidly grew after that initial Shark model and each and every nib has delighted me in incredible smoothness and the girth, size and balance are perfect for my hand. The downside is my other remaining pens aren't getting much ink and I seem to be shrinking to three brands; Pelikan, Montblanc and Montegrappa.

I heartily agree with you about the girth, size, and balance of the Extra, which also fit particularly well my hand. My Extras are in perennial rotation, and even though I use all of my 40 or so pen without exceptions, Montegrappa Extras take a lot of my writing time.

Use yours in good health, pen pal!

I succumbed to this in a flash: Montegrappa Extra Mosaic Wildlife, #18/20. Though not celluloid, the resin has exquisite luster and depth.

fpn_1560468939__f0ee5a6f-1dda-49c6-a5ea-

Wow! A splendid Extra, the existence of which I was unaware. Congratulations!

Is this a LE by Montegrappa or a collaboration pen?

Wow! A splendid Extra, the existence of which I was unaware. Congratulations!

Is this a LE by Montegrappa or a collaboration pen?

A collaboration with Bryant Greer at Chatterley. (I’m loving this pen’s smooth broad nib.)

Nice pickup there Richard F! There are a number of special collaboration pens at the Chatterley webpage including three Otto variants in celluloid. Nice to have more variety in the range.

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

A great, great, great pair, Francesco!

When I came back home from work, in the evening, these are two of the pens that most frequently I grab from the box to have fun with calligraphy. My two have both stub nibs.

Which nib you got on the Black Bamboo?

Bravo Montegrappa! Bravo for the gorgeous pens, for the octagonal inkwell, and also for the luscious box!

And bravo Francesco!

Franco my calligraphy skills are very low, I love consistent lines but I also like to use my pen daily. I consciously bought my Otto with a medium nib, I found the Bamboo Black also with a Medium nib. If I had a choice for the Bamboo Black I would have taken something different, may be a fine, but I had not. Anyway I'm so excited when I pick up this pen that it doesn't really matter what size the nib is!

I'm planning to add into the box also the last purchase that I am impatiently waiting, the celluoid Classica.

An Ancient Bamboo!!

http://i66.tinypic.com/33574pi.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/1i0lec.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/24zlyzd.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/hrlg06.jpg