New Inks From Octopus Fluids

mke

You can buy glass bottles everywhere, I am sure they will add some stickers if you ask.

The price is really great, you can then provide samples to all your friends. :)

PP is much lighter.

I know, but I'm trying to pretend that there is only small glass bottles - I'm already up to 10 colours on the wish list, and I haven't finished looking :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• almoore

• 1nkulus

• mke

• Intensity

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, but I'm trying to pretend that there is only small glass bottles - I'm already up to 10 colours on the wish list, and I haven't finished looking smile.png

There are only 20 colours, might as well get them all and then decide which ones you want to use. biggrin.png

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

There are only 20 colours, might as well get them all and then decide which ones you want to use. biggrin.png

That's just rationalising my addiction to pens and ink and how I ended up with several medium sized Really Useful boxes full of ink and more of the large sized ones full of pens and notebooks and cartridges and converters - you can see where this is going :lticaptd:

That's just rationalising my addiction to pens and ink and how I ended up with several medium sized Really Useful boxes full of ink and more of the large sized ones full of pens and notebooks and cartridges and converters - you can see where this is going lticaptd.gif

You are not the only one having issues with that logic. laugh.png

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

You are not the only one having issues with that logic. laugh.png

True dat

The internet has made it just too easy to get anything from anywhere.

So far I'm up to about 11 bottles on the wish list; happily for my bank balance there's a few I don't like, not enough to make a significant difference.

So far I'm up to about 11 bottles on the wish list; happily for my bank balance there's a few I don't like, not enough to make a significant difference.

On the positive side, you saved £41 to spend elsewhere. biggrin.png

Engineer :

On the positive side, you saved £41 to spend elsewhere. biggrin.png

Now the question is where to spend the pennies, I have lists so now it's just a case of narrowing things down and enjoying the fact that I've got all that spare cash I didn't know about :)

Edited by almoore

Now the question is where to spend the pennies, I have lists so now it's just a case of narrowing things down and enjoying the fact that I've got all that spare cash I didn't know about smile.png

That is exactly the 'dumb' logic that has got me into enough trouble but somehow it feels convenient to carry on. biggrin.png

Engineer :

That is exactly the 'dumb' logic that has got me into enough trouble but somehow it feels convenient to carry on. biggrin.png

:lticaptd: :lticaptd: :lticaptd:

Exactly, it's the logic of collectors.

Yep, it gets me into trouble as well.

lticaptd.gif lticaptd.gif lticaptd.gif

Exactly, it's the logic of collectors.

Yep, it gets me into trouble as well.

Be Calm, and let stupidity carry on. biggrin.png Funds permitting, of course.

Engineer :

Be Calm, and let stupidity carry on. biggrin.png Funds permitting, of course.

Sound advice 1nkulus - funds permitting of course :lol:

Sound advice 1nkulus - funds permitting of course laugh.png

thumbup.gif

Have you finalized your order yet?

Engineer :

thumbup.gif

Have you finalized your order yet?

Nearly, I should have it done by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. Just procrastinating over a couple of duplicates.

:D

Nearly, I should have it done by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. Just procrastinating over a couple of duplicates.

I wouldn't bother with duplicates until you have tried them, else every duplicate bottle is a potential waste.

Colour accuracy is always an issue on screen unless it has been calibrated.

Engineer :

I'm really interested in their Ultramarine. Looks like a great looking blue. And that orange looks great. And the purple. But shipping is so much! I kind of want try the big 250ml bottles to help spread out the shipping cost.

Would anyone be interested in maybe purchasing some of it if I were to do the big bottle order thing? I have lots of empty small ink bottles (the Pelikan style 30ml bottles).

I wouldn't bother with duplicates until you have tried them, else every duplicate bottle is a potential waste.

Colour accuracy is always an issue on screen unless it has been calibrated.

I agree but then I always end up wishing I had bought an extra bottle so these days I just buy the extra bottle; if I don't like it I'll probably PIF it. It's good for my Karma :D

I agree but then I always end up wishing I had bought an extra bottle so these days I just buy the extra bottle; if I don't like it I'll probably PIF it. It's good for my Karma biggrin.png

That's one way to speed up Karma points. biggrin.png

OTOH, count me in for the first PIF ink. I am willing to offer 3x Karma points.

Engineer :

That's one way to speed up Karma points. biggrin.png

OTOH, count me in for the first PIF ink. I am willing to offer 3x Karma points.

:D Karma is a wonderful thing, positively Newtonian.

Make it 5 Karma points and you have a deal :D

biggrin.png Karma is a wonderful thing, positively Newtonian.

Make it 5 Karma points and you have a deal biggrin.png

Going, going, gone. Sold for 4 Karma points. laugh.png

Engineer :