The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Need Information Regarding Sheaffer Triumph Sac Availability In India Or Elsewhere

sheaffer triumph repair sac india

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mitarik

mitarik

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:33

IMG20190422113233.jpg

IMG20190422113213.jpg

IMG20190422113134.jpg

Recently got this and a Duofold from a colleague. The nib is in excellent condition and writes quite well, but the internal sac has crumbled to dust. Would it be possible to buy a new sac for this in India? If not, what are my sources online for buying parts for this? I think this is a Sheaffer Triumph but I might be wrong and more information on the pen is always welcome. 

Sponsored Content

#2 siamackz

siamackz

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2019 - 17:58

Hi, I buy my parts from https://www.vintagepensacsandparts.com in the UK. Very reliable and quite swift too!

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

My free restoration service--> link

#3 fabri00

fabri00

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2019 - 18:42

Consider to use silicone sacs instead of latex, so that they will be much more durable.

You can find them at the link suggested here above-

#4 Ron Z

Ron Z

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 18:52

Consider to use silicone sacs instead of latex, so that they will be much more durable.

You can find them at the link suggested here above-

While silicone sacs have some advantages, do keep in mind that silicone sacs can cause the pen to ooze if the pen is not stored nib up.  They're not for everyone.  Take at look at this article.....

banner200.jpg
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

#5 mitarik

mitarik

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:28

Hi, I buy my parts from https://www.vintagepensacsandparts.com in the UK. Very reliable and quite swift too!

Thanks for the link. I would look into it.

#6 mitarik

mitarik

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:29

While silicone sacs have some advantages, do keep in mind that silicone sacs can cause the pen to ooze if the pen is not stored nib up.  They're not for everyone.  Take at look at this article.....

hmm... I was not aware of that. Thanks for the information.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sheaffer, triumph, repair, sac, india

Sponsored Content

|