The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Need Information On Parker Duofold Model And Repair In India

parker duofold india repair duofoldsac

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mitarik

mitarik

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:23

IMG20190422112813.jpg
IMG20190422112611.jpg
IMG20190422112655.jpg

IMG20190422113046.jpg

Recently one of my colleagues in workplace found this pen. It seems to me that this one is a Parker Duofold Senior from 1926. The nib is in excellent condition and writes smoothly. However, the sac inside has dried and crumbled. I was wondering if it would be possible to find a new sac in India. If such is not possible I would like to know whether there's any website where I can order for parts. The pen body seems to be made of ebonite whereas the blind cap at the back (which covers the button) seems to be plastic. 
Note: I could send the pen to Pen Hospital in Kolkata, but I had a prior experience of the nib getting damaged following the repairing of the sac of a Sheaffer. So, I am hesitant to send the pen to them again. 

Sponsored Content

#2 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,652 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:03

Measure the length, if its 130mm+ then its a senior, else junior.

Where are you located?

These pens are simple to repair, but it should be done properly and carefully.Avoid exposing to water.

Sacs and pressure bars (if the older one is too gone to be reused) are available from several sources in USA.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#3 mitarik

mitarik

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:27

uncapped the pen is just shy of 130mm, around 128-129 mm, capped it's 130mm+
I live in Kolkata.

The pressure bar seems to be alright.

#4 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,652 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:33

Then you just need the sac and some shellac to attach it.

Good luck.
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, duofold, india, repair, duofoldsac

Sponsored Content

|