The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Which Gama Pens Are These?

gama india eyedropper

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dip n Scratch

Dip n Scratch

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2019 - 16:04

Can anyone give me some idea which particular example of the Gama pens I have just bought?

Two of them obviously have their OE nib. I do not know about the pen with the two-tone nib.

Is it a replacement for the original Gama branded item?

Attached Images

• gama_1.jpg
  • gama_2.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 gillum51

gillum51

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:02

i frankly have never seen any Gama pens like that.  all the ones I have are turned ebonite.  the two with ink windows remind me of  pens from another Indian brand, Fellowship.

#3 Dip n Scratch

Dip n Scratch

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2019 - 08:45

The palest blue pen seems to have 'GAMA' engraved on the barrel.

It seems that various Indian maker made very similar looking pens.

The green one looks like a Fellowship Pillar. It's nib is probably a OEM item made by Kanwrite.

The pair of blue cigar-ended pens closely resemble a Fellowship Blackbird.

#4 bugsydog55

bugsydog55

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2019 - 22:23

I have also seen these types of pens. Seems that there is possibly one or two manufacturers that make these pens for different companies using the same "resin" and same designs. I have noticed them as Oliver, Fellowship, Click, Airmail, Wality , etc.. The pens are just fine by me and I enjoy messing around with them. I have a green one like that pictured as a Click Bamboo and as a Fellowship Pillar. The others I have in Airmail variants.All are good pens but have needed a little TLC on the nibs to work properly.

#5 Dip n Scratch

Dip n Scratch

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 April 2019 - 07:05

bugsydog55: I have got a Click Bamboo. The Bamboo's barrel is different in that it tapers at the very rear, wheras the green pen looks as if the barrel is the same diameter the whole way along.

I have just spent time tuning up three Airmail pens with the OEM Wality nib, so needing to do the same with the Gama pens doesn't bother me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gama, india, eyedropper

Sponsored Content

|