Hp Premium Choice 32

NeverTapOut

Went to Walmart's website...Found out how much HP Premium Choice was going for a ream...$12.00.

Staples has a 110% price match.

Staples wanted $19.99.

I walked out paying less than under $10/ream.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1nkulus

• NeverTapOut

• Intensity

• inkstainedruth

Nice, hope you got a few. thumbup.gif

It is a VFM paper.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Nice, hope you got a few. thumbup.gif

It is a VFM paper.

What is VFM?

I bought all they had...5 Reams.

I've done this before...they are charging 100% markup...I would never pay $20/ream.

Thanks,

David

I buy in bulk too.

VFM is Value for Money.

IIRC, Staples own 100gsm paper is decent too.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I buy in bulk too.

VFM is Value for Money.

IIRC, Staples own 100gsm paper is decent too.

I like that VFM. I called it saved 50 bucks towards buying another 149 : )

I use to buy the HP LaserJet 24 LB...It's good however it has a coating on it.

The HP Premium Choice 32 is smooth...I don't think it has a coating...Ink drys fast.

Edited by JesusNeverTappedOut

I like that VFM. I called it saved 50 bucks towards buying another 149 : )

thumbup.gif

Engineer :

Speaking of coated paper--was there coated paper you've tried where there's no feathering at all even with juicy writers but where ink does eventually dry and doesn't smear? I don't mind if it takes a couple of minutes to dry for every word written.

I got some documents printed on this Staples paper:

https://www.staples.com/Staples-Inkjet-Paper-8-1-2-x-11-Bright-White-Half-Case/product_733330

and while it appears coated, fountain pen inks feathers on it noticeably.

Amazon reviews for the HP Premium 32 discussed here seem promising, but I'd like to take it one step further with even better options.

Edited by Intensity

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Amazon reviews for the HP Premium 32 discussed here seem promising, but I'd like to take it one step further with even better options.

Have you tried any other printer paper options? The HP 32 has been fine so far, IMO.

Engineer :

Speaking of coated paper--was there coated paper you've tried where there's no feathering at all even with juicy writers but where ink does eventually dry and doesn't smear? I don't mind if it takes a couple of minutes to dry for every word written.

I got some documents printed on this Staples paper:

https://www.staples.com/Staples-Inkjet-Paper-8-1-2-x-11-Bright-White-Half-Case/product_733330

and while it appears coated, fountain pen inks feathers on it noticeably.

Intensity,

I tried that paper years ago and had the same results.

I called Goulet Pens and asked what paper they used to print their receipts and write their handwritten thank you for the order...It is HP LaserJet 24 Lb. You might have a receipt around from them...it does have a coating.

HP Premium Choice 32 Lb is even better however more expensive. If you go to Walmart's website it is cheeper than Amazon. Walmart...24 Lb...$9.99 and 32 Lb is $11.97. If you go to Staples they will match that price and give you an extra 10% off. If you put a ream of 24 in one hand and a ream of 32 in the other...the 32 will feel like a brick. Either one though is great quality paper. I figured if it was good enough for Goulet Pens then it is good enough for me. I use both for business and personal use. I print dots on it as well. For $2 extra dollars a ream I went with the 32 Lb. I have had clients love the thickness and quality of the 32. They always ask what paper it is and give a compliment.

Regards,

David

Have you tried any other printer paper options? The HP 32 has been fine so far, IMO.

+1

HP 32 is the best I found.

I do have a great budget-friendly contender to offer: "TreeZero" 20lb paper, 92 Brightness "Premium Multipurpose Paper". I got a ream at a FedEx store a couple of weeks ago where it was on sale for $5 or $6 a ream, can't recall now. Read quick on-line reviews before I bought it and I'm glad I did get it.

This paper has absolutely no bleed-through or feathering with any inks I've tried on it so far, even pretty wet writers. Some inks can show sheen. It's 100% from sugarcane, and one of the negatives is that it's only 20lbs in weight (although it can also be a positive) and the fact that the surface might feel a little catching for scratchier nibs (due to tightly packed sugarcane fibers). But my smoother-nibbed pens glide on this paper like on ice. I've just tried writing with a wet flexy writer on this paper--no problems: sheen and no bleed-through. Big thumbs up for this environmentally-friendly paper.

http://treezero.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_4190-1_2-325x487.jpg

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

1nkulus will also call it VFM...Value For Money...I'm learning.

I do have a great budget-friendly contender to offer: "TreeZero" 20lb paper, 92 Brightness "Premium Multipurpose Paper". I got a ream at a FedEx store a couple of weeks ago where it was on sale for $5 or $6 a ream, can't recall now. Read quick on-line reviews before I bought it and I'm glad I did get it.

This paper has absolutely no bleed-through or feathering with any inks I've tried on it so far, even pretty wet writers. Some inks can show sheen. It's 100% from sugarcane, and one of the negatives is that it's only 20lbs in weight (although it can also be a positive) and the fact that the surface might feel a little catching for scratchier nibs (due to tightly packed sugarcane fibers). But my smoother-nibbed pens glide on this paper like on ice. I've just tried writing with a wet flexy writer on this paper--no problems: sheen and no bleed-through. Big thumbs up for this environmentally-friendly paper.

http://treezero.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_4190-1_2-325x487.jpg

I tried CVS version of that when they had it. They discontinue it and it went 50% off a few years ago. I went to every CVS and bought every ream they had in a 10 mile radius of my house. I had boxes of it. I found it great for writing however when I printed documents my printer sometimes had problems. I still have some. However, the HP 32 is great. Because of HP paper I have never bought Clairefontaine, Rhodia, or Tomoe River Paper. If you email whoever your nibmeister is they will probably say the same thing about HP 32. The Nibmeister's opinion is better than any review you will read. Also when I have nib work done they usually ask what paper I use and they usually have both or at least one of them.

Intensity,

Yesterday I was using a MB 149 with an XXF nib with MB Royal Blue Ink...Medium wetness and was getting sheen on HP 32. I could not believe it because I was using the eco friendly paper for so long.

Regards,

David

Oh, have you tried diluting Studio Organics Nitrogen according to the Vanness Pens website?

I found this good as well...

https://www.amazon.com/Multi-Use-Paper-Bright-Carton-Sheets/dp/B01NBIF1FN/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=copy+paper&qid=1555629009&s=office-products&sr=1-2-spons&psc=1

Only with certain inks and pens...I call it the I don't care paper cheap paper. Works decent with MB Inks or undersaturated inks.

Oh, have you tried diluting Studio Organics Nitrogen according to the Vanness Pens website?

Nitrogen, Walden Pond and Emerson Twilight Blue are all sheen champions.

Engineer :

I found this good as well...

https://www.amazon.com/Multi-Use-Paper-Bright-Carton-Sheets/dp/B01NBIF1FN/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=copy+paper&qid=1555629009&s=office-products&sr=1-2-spons&psc=1

Only with certain inks and pens...I call it the I don't care paper cheap paper. Works decent with MB Inks or undersaturated inks.

Same price as my link, which is far better.

Your 'don't care paper' just got an upgrade. biggrin.png

Edited by 1nkulus

Engineer :

I tend to stick with 24/28/32lbs paper.

Engineer :

I tend to stick with 24/28/32lbs paper.

1nkulus...In your opinion is there any copy paper better than the HP 32? Quality and Price.

Thanks,

David