Most Terrible Experience Of My Fountain Pen Journey Yet

AnuragTukan

Here's what happened-

It was 12:30 am, on Saturday night. I was browsing fountain pens online, and drooling over them as I have been for a while. I come across this kerala based website that sells vintage pens online. So I eagerly looked through their contents and was quite impressed with what they carried (Parker 21,51,45, vintage shaeffers, etc.) and also the prices. So I decided to order something.

I was eyeing the Parkers, but the good colours were out of stock, and also, I wanted to check their legitimacy before putting too much money on the line, (I am a student living in a budget afterall). So I started looking at the cheaper options. I contacted their customer service WhatsApp number and asked if they delivered to my location.

I came across a Indian made Pilot, with their #2 nib for a very reasonable price (it was teal in colour, really liked that). I decided to place the order. I received an email with their UPI id and payment information. I made the payment.

However, I checked my order page on their website, and it said that my payment hasn't been confirmed and the order is on hold. Concerned, I reached out again to their '24 hour customer service' number, as mentioned and raised my issue.

He blatantly refused to answer my question, and informed me that sales questions are not answered weekends, and told me to contact them on monday-saturday after 10 am. I chose to put my faith in him and waited.

Today however, seeing that my order was still ' on hold' I reached out to the number again, this time it was Monday, and it was around 3:45 PM.

An interesting thing happened. He lashed out and texted, and I quote "Give me your upi ID

- You placed an order on weekend, that too in mid night , and keep bugging us - We are on a vacation since it's a holiday in Kerala for two days - So get the payment back to your upi or paytm

-I will cancel order form my end"

He had never informed me about any holidays, or their office being closed, or anything of that sort. More over they advertise their customer service to be '24 hours'. I had no problem in being patient, I would've totally understood if they were in a vacation or had some other issues even, but without information, how am I supposed to know whats going on?

Was this kind of service given to me because I ordered a relatively inexpensive pen?

Or is the customer service supposed to treat the customers as a nuisance?

Honestly, I just wanted to buy some nice vintage pens from this new source I found. But for the first time in my fountain pen journey, I've experienced such an attitude.

I would still recommend them to others, maybe if you order something expensive, they'd treat you well. But I'll surely warn them about how 'antikcart.com' treats their customers like pest.

As for me, I'm never ordering anything from there.

This was by far, the worst experience I've had involving fountain pens.

Regards,

AnuragTukan

15/4/19

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AnuragTukan

• dinupravin

• RudraDev

• K Singh

Thanks for sharing this. I haven't bought anything from them yet, but know they have some good vintage pens. I doubt after hearing your story how can anyone else trust them.

Payment issues happen at times, and we customers don't mind waiting for a day or two to get that sorted out. But the tone they used with you certainly shows them in a very bad light. Hope they are reading this and learn from their mistake.

Thanks for sharing this. I haven't bought anything from them yet, but know they have some good vintage pens. I doubt after hearing your story how can anyone else trust them.

Payment issues happen at times, and we customers don't mind waiting for a day or two to get that sorted out. But the tone they used with you certainly shows them in a very bad light. Hope they are reading this and learn from their mistake.

Exactly, there's a way of talking to people. I was totally surprised, didn't expect this.

He could've just let me know the issues, I wouldn't mind. But this is totally unacceptable.

That sucks, especially when you place an order for something you like and your anticipation goes to waste.

This happened to me once with a seller on Amazon. Fortunately, Amazon handle it well.

That sucks, especially when you place an order for something you like and your anticipation goes to waste.

This happened to me once with a seller on Amazon. Fortunately, Amazon handle it well.

Please do share more.

Good thing with Amazon is that they can handle these kinda situations.

These are uncommon in the FP world, because everyone into them is quite enthusiastic about them.

Thanks for sharing this new source for FPs. We have to be wary of their services though.

Knowledge Power

Thanks for sharing this new source for FPs. We have to be wary of their services though.

They have a good collection indeed.

Just saw that they have a wality 69EB with a jinhao bent nib for 1050INR. Kind of a rip off isn't it?

Just saw that they have a wality 69EB with a jinhao bent nib for 1050INR. Kind of a rip off isn't it?

Definitely. We have to refrain ourselves purchasing from them.

Knowledge Power