Fake Parker Sonnet On Ebay

Fermata

I have seen Rolex and Lange fakes and I am amazed at the quality of the finished article as compared to the price being sold, same goes for MB pens. But the idea that experienced engineers from MB and Rolex cannot identify their own products I take with a pinch of salt.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fermata

• torstar

• 1nkulus

• mke

Top Posters In This Topic

Rolex fakes are getting so good that Rolex technicians can't tell if they're fake sometimes until they take the case back off and thoroughly examine the movement. When the fakes are selling for several hundred dollars and are actually probably worth that price just as a watch, not a Rolex, they're getting to be pretty sophisticated. Of course, that doesn't mean that it's right to be selling them - it's a theft of IP and a con on the consumer either way, and I think you're in the right about reporting the Parker seller and making people aware. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if MB fakes have gotten equally as good, however. The cost of actually manufacturing the pen isn't that high and the materials aren't exactly rare despite that resin being "precious". Yes, I do own an MB and I think they are fantastic pens.

It's not a con if someone is spending hundreds on a Rolex, people buy them knowing they are a fake,

and if anyone is stupid enough to think they can have a real one for $250....

then again we get a post on here every month asking if the MB site selling a Carnegie for $35 is legit :D

then again we get a post on here every month asking if the MB site selling a Carnegie for $35 is legit biggrin.png

If it really 'looks' like a Carnegie then it's not bad for pocket adornment.

OTOH, if you want it to 'feel' and 'write' like a Carnegie, you have to spend a lot more. biggrin.png

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

If it really 'looks' like a Carnegie then it's not bad for pocket adornment.

OTOH, if you want it to 'feel' and 'write' like a Carnegie, you have to spend a lot more. biggrin.png

back in the day someone sold the cap for Cross gold ballpen points so you could show it from the pocket of your suit...

I have not had the honour of being in the same room as a MB Carnegie, a friend years ago really wanted to buy one.

back in the day someone sold the cap for Cross gold ballpen points so you could show it from the pocket of your suit...

To upgrade to Cross, all you needed was a cap. No reason why the same cannot be applied to Pelikan, MB etc. laugh.png

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

To upgrade to Cross, all you needed was a cap. No reason why the same cannot be applied to Pelikan, MB etc. laugh.png

On first thought "not a hope" but let me let it ruminate for awhile.....

I have a Poe LE cap from a busted pen that might work fine on my 146....

I have a Poe LE cap from a busted pen that might work fine on my 146....

An instant LE upgrade in the pocket. wink.png

OTOH, sorry to hear about the busted pen.

Engineer :

An instant LE upgrade in the pocket. wink.png

OTOH, sorry to hear about the busted pen.

This stuff happens.....

My sister, who works in SE Asia as a diplomat, once sent me a fake Sonnet she bought off the street on a trip to Hong Kong.

It wrote better than either of the two real Sonnets I own, both of which required significant nib work to be usable.

• 2 weeks later...

My sister, who works in SE Asia as a diplomat, once sent me a fake Sonnet she bought off the street on a trip to Hong Kong.

It wrote better than either of the two real Sonnets I own, both of which required significant nib work to be usable.

my $300 (at the time) Silver Cisele wouldn't work, sent back twice, made a good dart into the concrete wall the next day.

my $300 (at the time) Silver Cisele wouldn't work, sent back twice, made a good dart into the concrete wall the next day.

Sorry to hear that, I have had similar feelings on previous occasions but did not out them into practice.

OTOH, did you score a bullseye? smile.png

Engineer :

Sorry to hear that, I have had similar feelings on previous occasions but did not out them into practice.

OTOH, did you score a bullseye? smile.png

I believe that they let a batch of lemons out into the world and refused to admit it or do the right thing.

The Cisele (sp??) would have been one of the best pens ever, except it dried out after 2 seconds of writing.

It had the whistle-cap where you wouldn't suffocate if you swallowed the cap, I don't think this was the problem though.

I wanted destruction of the nib, so a bullseye did occur on the third hard throw at the concrete wall.

• 4 weeks later...

I have never been a fan of the Sonnet. I have owned 4 and all have been trouble. On one two month old example I took Parker to Court when they could not make it work but refused a refund or an alternative pen. They had four seperate opportunities to repair the pen, I had to pay the postage in both directions. This was at a time when they offered a lifetime guarantee.

I have today ordered what I am 99% certain is a fake Parker Sonnet from China costing £3 for a boxed pen and including a bottle of ink and a pen case, The seller maintains its the real McCoy of course.

The reason for the purchase is to see how the fake Sonnet works as a pen compared to my experience of the genuine Sonnet being a disaster, after which the pen will be destroyed.

Edited by Beechwood

I have today ordered what I am 99% certain is a fake Parker Sonnet from China costing £3 for a boxed pen and including a bottle of ink and a pen case, The seller maintains its the real McCoy of course.

where did you get fake sonnet for $3?

any link? biggrin.png