The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Fake Parker Sonnet On Ebay

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Parkette

Parkette

Dogged

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:14

You may wish to avoid items from this seller who is selling imitiation Parker Sonnets.

https://www.ebay.co....BIAAOSwteFb-I~I

The seller has reinvented himself being a seller called agedarmybrat in the past, I would assume that he has collapsed that trading name due to being reported to ebay for selling fake Parkers.

The new listing has been reported to ebay.

Mennonite

Sponsored Content

#2 mke

mke

Read my lips: No more (pens/inks/paper)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:49

How do you know these are fakes? Please elaborate. Thank you.

#3 Parkette

Parkette

Dogged

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:59

I have bought from the seller in the past, when challenged about his pens he accepted that they were fakes and gave a refund. For a while he modified his listings using phrases such as Chinese Parker Sonnet, or Parker Sonnet replica, you actually had a better idea of what you were buying.

As a pen they are actually quite well made, but they are not as described.

This thread tells the back story on fake Sonnets.

http://www.fountainp...t-real-or-fake/

Mennonite

#4 Parkette

Parkette

Dogged

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:10

The original item has been taken down by ebay, the seller has relisted the item immediately.

Mennonite

#5 mke

mke

Read my lips: No more (pens/inks/paper)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:20

> The original item has been taken down by ebay

That is not true. The bidding time was just running out while I was looking at the link. Ebay had not taken it down.

#6 Parkette

Parkette

Dogged

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:28

> The original item has been taken down by ebay

That is not true. The bidding time was just running out while I was looking at the link. Ebay had not taken it down.

Ok.

I got  a different message on my screen.

I am not going to argue with you over this matter, personal choice on whether anyone wishes to proceed.

The seller has had feedback on 7 other 'Parker Sonnets', all identical to the one now offered for sale.

Best regards

Edited by Parkette, 15 April 2019 - 12:31.

Mennonite

#7 RUGMAN

RUGMAN

Transplanted Chicagoan

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Yesterday, 19:09

A while ago I purchased one of these faux Parker pens in RB style. It's quite nice and uses real Parker refills. It'd great for etc and if you lose it you're out only $5.00.....

Lee Rappeport

#8 Parkette

Parkette

Dogged

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 11 minutes ago

A while ago I purchased one of these faux Parker pens in RB style. It's quite nice and uses real Parker refills. It'd great for etc and if you lose it you're out only $5.00.....

There was another seller of these fake Parkers, I saw one of his products and it was a well made fountain pen, although there was an odd description by the seller in that the pen would take Parker cartridges or SIC, which is a good trick.

Parker have agreed that the pen shown in the listing above is not a Parker, although the seller swears blind that it is the genuine article. My suspicions are aroused as his pen is one 7+ that he has sold, all identical, no box or a Parker warranty.

You need to take a view on whether it is acceptable to buy a fake item, described as genuine, as this  encourages the trade in what many see as a criminal/illegal activity.

Mennonite

Sponsored Content

|