Letterwriting Project?

Rocket1

Hello all!

I just had a question for you all. I am looking for a letterwriting project to start. Mainly I'm looking for a distraction and just something to do, and I really enjoy writing letters, but I am not sure what to do.

I have done incowrimo in the past and really enjoyed it, but I don't think I could do it very regularly since I run out of things to talk about. (Perhaps the key is to do more interesting things to have more to talk about!!)

I was definitely thinking about reading some books to do with letterwriting - any suggestions?

As for the creative side, aside from journalling and writing letters to friends and family, do you have any other ideas for things I could do?

Apologies if I am asking the impossible - any other creative project suggestions are welcome! I could perhaps try to learn a new script? I am not v talented at drawing or creative writing... but I could always give it a go!

CHECK OUT MA BLOG! www.inkredibleblog.wordpress.com

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocket1

• Tas

• Dmact

• bebox

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rocket1,

I like to doodle, while I watch TV series and movies. Actually I write down part of the conversations I listen to, jot down key-concepts - sometimes ideas pop up, then I pause and work on them for a while :)

I do the same while listening to music, which makes the music very enjoyable.

Sometimes these are little pieces of art, sometimes really just doodles and ink on a page and sometimes I'm just glad to be able to start a new page.

I do this either in one of my notepads and sometimes on loose paper. If one were talented, one could frame them afterwards - not really my case.

I do something similar when reading a book, I keep notes about the story in a notebook. Usually not while I'm reading, but after a paragraph or two.

Sometimes the book is just too enthralling and I forget and sometimes the book has so many good ideas, that I keep writing more than reading (or so it feels).

I've learned that keeping notes like that, I tend to remember the books better. It's a bit like studying, but for fun, if you know what I mean.

Nothin out of the ordinary, but I immensely enjoy writing with my wonderful pens, and this gives me enough opportunity to do so, next to writing letters etc.

Also, it makes writing on a keyboard afterwards feel nice - it balances out quite well...

Hope you find something enjoyably to write about...

Hello all!

I just had a question for you all. I am looking for a letterwriting project to start. Mainly I'm looking for a distraction and just something to do, and I really enjoy writing letters, but I am not sure what to do.

I have done incowrimo in the past and really enjoyed it, but I don't think I could do it very regularly since I run out of things to talk about. (Perhaps the key is to do more interesting things to have more to talk about!!)

I was definitely thinking about reading some books to do with letterwriting - any suggestions?

As for the creative side, aside from journalling and writing letters to friends and family, do you have any other ideas for things I could do?

Apologies if I am asking the impossible - any other creative project suggestions are welcome! I could perhaps try to learn a new script? I am not v talented at drawing or creative writing... but I could always give it a go!

If you a subject/topic that interests you and like to read, you could take notes as you read. I find that even if I don't refer to the notes, the act of taking them somehow helps embed what I have read into my memory a little more firmly.

Mike

Depends on what you like.

If you want to copy books, you may start with shorter ones. Poem books.

Make you own poem collection.

Have anyone to give them as a present? Kids? Grandchilds? A loved one? Copy significant short books, like "The Little Prince" and then you can even illuminate/illustrate them before giving them away.

Wisdom books: take notes and witty sentences when reading and collect them to join them later in a book. Be careful to record the author and reference you got it from. You may even investigate a short biography of the author or a short note of its history and context. Copy the Tao-Te-King. Or the Art of War if you prefer. Sutras. Bible quotations...

Jokes you hear

Or simply keep a diary

Or your own "blog" on paper.

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

Haha I'm in the same boat... Calligraphy is great and all but i want to WRITE... The idea of a penpal is nice but ummm I'm boring so thats out... Every time i try to journal it turns into a ledger cuz again... Boring. I'm not creative enough to write a book...

So... Now what?

*goes back to mindlessly copying exemplars*

Have anyone to give them as a present? Kids? Grandchilds? A loved one?

I am 21, so the idea of children and grandchildren is frightening to me! Thanks for the laugh though! :D

The blog to myself idea sounds very interesting - I like the idea of that!

I am working on a project to describe aspects and events of every decade that I have lived through. Writing about what was different from now and the major changes that occurred and how they affected my life. Thinking that my daughter or her descendants might read it one day. I certainly would've been interested in something similar from my father/grandfather.

[much snipped....] As for the creative side, aside from journalling and writing letters to friends and family, do you have any other ideas for things I coulddo?

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

I stumbled across this the other day and intend to leave letters here there and everywhere in the very near future.

http://www.moreloveletters.com/our-team

+1 for More Love Letters

Great org. I was a facilitator for a bundle in 2017. Recipient was amazed. I write to at least one bundle recipient each month and just wrote a note tonight.

+1 for More Love Letters

Great org. I was a facilitator for a bundle in 2017. Recipient was amazed. I write to at least one bundle recipient each month and just wrote a note tonight.

:) :) :wub: :wub: :) :)

^^this letterwriting project seems to be exactly what I'm looking for!