The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Yard-O-Led Value - New Prices

y-o-l yard-o-led yard o led viceroy grand

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 1nkulus

1nkulus

Thought2Papier via Ink2Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:21

Well, no, the nibs are not Bock but JoWo and always pass the best QC via a superb nibmeister, which is not a standard in the industry.

I am fairly certain the nibs are by Bock unless there has been a recent change of supplier.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Sponsored Content

#22 aurore

aurore

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:26

I was under the impression the converters held 0.9ml but, yes, the difference is significant if your values are accurate.

I am going to check it out these days via my diamond scale to avoid any misrepresenting but via syringe it is as stated. I am talking about long cartridges only though, short are no way better than converters of course.

#23 aurore

aurore

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:32

I am fairly certain the nibs are by Bock unless there has been a recent change of supplier.

They have been JoWo for quite a while. I used to think they were Bock but I was wrong.
I got my Grand used and the nib felt somewhat weird but as soon as I fixed up the nib to feed fit via advices of the meant nibmeister it writes perfectly.

Edited by aurore, 21 April 2019 - 12:34.

#24 como

como

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 April 2019 - 14:58

Thank you, aurore. I might have a chance to get a used one. This info will come handy. Much appreciated.

Schmidt K5 is your best choice, it is exactly the same as others but cheaper.
https://www.thewriti...-converter.html

Eventually even Schmidt K2 would fit, it is very cheap.
https://www.thewriti...-converter.html

Nevertheless refilling long Pelikan cartridges would provide you a double capacity comparing to these converters.

#25 como

como

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2019 - 13:38

Finally I was able to get a used Y-O-L Grand in Barley pattern. I put in a Caran d'Ache converter in it and it works. Thank you, aurore and 1nkulus, for the advice on converter.

Regards,

como

Attached Images

• IMG_3084.jpg
  • IMG_3085.jpg
  • IMG_3086.jpg

#26 gary

gary

Kalamazoo direct to you

• Member - Gold

• 2,190 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 14:53

Como,

Congratulations on acquiring the Barley Grand.  Mine always rests on my desk at home and is a pleasure to see and to use.

gary

#27 aurore

aurore

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 15:49

Finally I was able to get a used Y-O-L Grand in Barley pattern. I put in a Caran d'Ache converter in it and it works. Thank you, aurore and 1nkulus, for the advice on converter.

Regards,

como

Excellent buy, congratulations! How do you like it? Was it a good deal?

#28 como

como

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2019 - 21:49

Como,

Congratulations on acquiring the Barley Grand.  Mine always rests on my desk at home and is a pleasure to see and to use.

gary

Thank you, gary. It's hefty and classy, and definitely a keeper  :)

#29 1nkulus

1nkulus

• Member - Gold

• 2,121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2019 - 21:57

Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy the reams of happiness.

It will make a great heirloom.  biggrin.png  Probably, one of the heaviest pens.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

#30 1nkulus

1nkulus

• Member - Gold

• 2,121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2019 - 21:59

HTH  thumbup.gif

Engineer :

#31 como

como

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2019 - 21:59

Excellent buy, congratulations! How do you like it? Was it a good deal?

Thank you, aurore. It's what I had hoped for, good condition, very smooth pleasant nib, well balanced. Just over 500 quid, fair enough I think. 

#32 aurore

aurore

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 21:58

I was under the impression the converters held 0.9ml but, yes, the difference is significant if your values are accurate.

I have measured (weighed) it. The converter (including. what it sucks in the feed) is appx. 0.7ml, a long Pelikan cartridge is 1.15ml. Not quite double but still a decent difference, I prefer refilling these cartridges.

Edited by aurore, 08 May 2019 - 21:58.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: y-o-l, yard-o-led, yard o led, viceroy grand

Sponsored Content

|