The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Vintage Montblanc Website

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#21 Marcwithac

Marcwithac

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:25

Siamackz, you've created great website.  Refreshingly clean and easy to navigate, and loaded with drool-worthy photos.  I plan to visit often.

Sponsored Content

#22 nick10

nick10

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2019 - 19:43

Very good website. Congratulations and keep up the good work!

#23 siamackz

siamackz

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 April 2019 - 17:56

Update - An interview with our very own Pavoni! As a budding collector, I would often visit Pavoni's posts here on FPN for inspiration. In his interview with me he explains the rationale behind his collection, his favourite pens, and more --> https://www.vintagem...avoni-interview

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

My Instagram account --> link

#24 da vinci

da vinci

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,925 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 21:33

Update - An interview with our very own Pavoni! As a budding collector, I would often visit Pavoni's posts here on FPN for inspiration. In his interview with me he explains the rationale behind his collection, his favourite pens, and more --> https://www.vintagem...avoni-interview

Great up date thank you - and thanks to Pavoni whose posts have always been excellent!

#25 Barry Gabay

Barry Gabay

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 13:39

Wonderful website, Sia! 

Thank you for contributing so much to our knowledge of vintage Montblancs. Your website is a very interesting, beautiful, and useful resource. I have thoroughly enjoyed and learned quite a lot already from it. Thank you for enriching all of us.

Best wishes,

Barry

#26 dinupravin

dinupravin

I like 19th Century Classics

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2019 - 14:38

Great website. Please keep it alive as long as you can.

Knowledge  Power 

#27 siamackz

siamackz

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2019 - 17:51

Thanks everyone! I will do my best to keep posting interesting content. Our friends here on FPN, and experts from the community, have been truly generous and supportive on this project.

Coming up next week - An Interview with Poul Lund, the author of Montblanc in Denmark. Poul has shared pics of the most beloved pens in his collection and has answered some questions I had about Danish MBs. Stay tuned :)

#28 specialk0449

specialk0449

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2019 - 00:20

Looking forward to your next interview. Keep up the great work Siamackz!

#29 siamackz

siamackz

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2019 - 15:51

It is my great pleasure to share with you an interview with Poul Lund - the co-author of "Montblanc in Denmark" --> https://www.vintagem...-lund-interview

Enjoy!

Edited by siamackz, 26 April 2019 - 16:50.

#30 siamackz

siamackz

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:58

I am very excited to share with you this review of the super rare Simplo Filler Pen No. 2 from c. 1912 which has a 'matchstick filler' mechanism --> https://www.vintagem...-pen-matchstick

This pen is from the personal collection of Ariel Zuñiga - a generous contributor on FPN, seminal Montblanc collector’s books, and now my website. Watch out for a series of reviews of truly rare pens thanks to AZ’s generosity!

#31 Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls

veni, vidi, scripsi

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:24

Hi, one remark on your website: the "G" in the model numbers of the post-war pens, e.g. 144G or 146G does not mean smooth surface. It means, this pens are fitted with a gold nib. As you may know, in wartimes gold was a necessary element for the German government to make business with foreign countries, as the German "Reichsmark" was worth nothing. So they had to use precious metals as currency. Therefore from 1938 on Gold was more and more replaced by Palladium and then steel. By 1940 the usage of Gold for nibs (except for export) was strictly forbidden. After war, the first pens were also fitted with steel nibs and by 1950 and later, the pens got their gold nibs again.

Have a look at the very good website of Tom Westerich and Max Schrage:

http://fountainpen.de/sini-144-50.htm

Regards, Gunther

Edited by Niagara Falls, 28 April 2019 - 05:26.

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher. (Einstein)
http://www.facebook.com/GuentherDebertin

#32 siamackz

siamackz

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2019 - 07:34

Hi Gunther,

Thanks for checking out the website and for the suggestion. I know that many theories have been proposed about what the ‘G’ means but there is no conclusive evidence. The deduction that it means gold for post war surely makes sense, it’s quite logical. The problem is that members have seen many pens post war without the G too. Similarly, I have a catalogue from 1939 with the entire 13x line up without any G in the name and also a 126 G and 104 G. Why would Mb not put gold nibs on its top piston line and put it on the 12x and 10x instead. And why would it avoid gold before the war really kicked in? This inconsistency is confusing.

This matter has been debated many times on FPN and from what I know even the most knowledgable experts say it’s debatable.

But, my takeaway here is that I should actually state the fact that it is debatable instead of settling for one option. Thanks for brining this to my notice. I wil make the change and enrich the review.

I really appreciate such feedback so please keep it coming friends :)

#33 Boris-Ludwig

Boris-Ludwig

"manu et mente"

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:42

Like all others I'm enjoying the website for the info and pictures.

I sometimes - no, often - wish I could click on the photos to enlarge them so I can appreciate the pens in greater detail. I realise the extra work and time that would take, but I hope in the future during some form of update this may indeed be possible.

But thanks for the tremendous work you've put into it so far.

#34 siamackz

siamackz

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:44

Thanks for the encouragement Boris. I hope that over time I can improve the quality of pics and overall sophistication of the site

#35 siamackz

siamackz

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 May 2019 - 06:49

Here's another gem from AZ's treasure chest --> https://www.vintagem...-1-lever-filler

Lever fillers might have been common across other brands but Montblanc used this filling system for only a few years and so they are considered rather valuable collectibles. This No. 2 is a beautiful example!

Enjoy!

Also, stay tuned for upcoming reviews, including:
  • Super rare No. 12 Safety in Mottled Red colour
  • Super rare Gold Cap Top Simplo Safety 
  • Rare Spanish 344 in Silver Ray
  • Rare and exquisite No. 45 Safety in Mottled Red colour
  • And, much much more!

#36 siamackz

siamackz

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2019 - 15:20

Did you enjoy our review of the magnificent No. 12 Safety in black? Well, then I have a treat for you! Thanks to Joudenali I present you with a review of a one-of-its-kind No. 12 Safety in Mottled Red. Everything from the OBBB right oblique nib on this pen to the atypical imprints on the barrel and cap make this amongst the rarest of rare pens to be found! See here --> https://www.vintagem...ety-mottled-red

I am so grateful that our list of collectors willing to generously share pictures of their rare Montblancs for review is growing!

Soon to come:
- An interview with none other than Barry Gabay!
- Some seriously rare pens from the treasure chest of AZ and others to be reviewed!

Enjoy!

Sia

#37 Fountainpencrazy

Fountainpencrazy

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2019 - 17:20

Thanks for doing this. I'd have never known about the No. 12 Mottled Red if it were not for your review.

Pictures are looking nice too.

#38 siamackz

siamackz

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 May 2019 - 00:57

Thanks for doing this. I'd have never known about the No. 12 Mottled Red if it were not for your review.

Pictures are looking nice too.

Glad youre enjoying the site

Edited by siamackz, 07 May 2019 - 00:58.

#39 siamackz

siamackz

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:10

Here's another rare gem for you to enjoy - an unmarked Simplo Safety with a gold cap top from 1910-14 https://www.vintagem...-cap-top-simplo

#40 siamackz

siamackz

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 May 2019 - 01:59

Here we have a beautiful No. 4 safety filler in octagonal shape, but with a rare #314 nib that was made for carbon copy paper--> https://www.vintagem...-safety-314-nib

Sponsored Content

|