• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sheafferkid

• jonro

• miko

• RoyalKooparillo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really love the PFM. Don't have one, but I love the look of them. The Snorkel mechanism is great (I totally agree with you that it is the best filling system in the world!) I have a TM Snorkel Crest set that I love. Haven't stumbled upon any factory stubs yet, but one day I might! So how much would a PFM III be worth with a factory stub on it? Great review! Makes me want to get one!

Evan

Sheaffer all the way!

Guest PeteWK
I really love the PFM. Don't have one, but I love the look of them. The Snorkel mechanism is great (I totally agree with you that it is the best filling system in the world!) I have a TM Snorkel Crest set that I love. Haven't stumbled upon any factory stubs yet, but one day I might! So how much would a PFM III be worth with a factory stub on it? Great review! Makes me want to get one!

Evan

That's hard to answer because they're so infrequent. The last one I saw was pulled off after a couple of days on eBay. I would say a run of the mill pen that would have cost 150 dollars (III) would cost about 200-225. Maybe more if the right two people really wanted it.

PeteWK

Evan

That's hard to answer because they're so infrequent. The last one I saw was pulled off after a couple of days on eBay. I would say a run of the mill pen that would have cost 150 dollars (III) would cost about 200-225. Maybe more if the right two people really wanted it.

PeteWK

Wow! Yea, makes me want to get one quite badly...it might be hard to write with a broad stub on college ruled looseleaf though...

Evan

Sheaffer all the way!

Guest PeteWK

Wow! Yea, makes me want to get one quite badly...it might be hard to write with a broad stub on college ruled looseleaf though...

Evan

Not really. All you need to do is invest money in a good notebook. I generally use a high grade writing paper but when I've used notebooks I've put in the extra scratch for a Mead with thick paper. It keeps the ink from feathering. In that case, the stub will work fine.

PeteWK

My PFM that I got of the green board is one of the 2-3 top writing pens I own of all prices and flavors. I also prefer the metal caps, and for whatever reason the size and girth are perfect for me. The snorkle systerm helps me slurp that last quarter inch of ink while my piston Tibaldi's and Pelikans' had to wait for the ink man to arrive with new bottles. I was lucky to get such a great example from a nice person (thanks G.M!) that was much nicer than I anticipated. I am constantly surprised how well it writes and while the P51 probably wins out with regards to durability, the size of the PFM (for me) puts it over the top. Now I'll have to find a factory stub!

Freedom Exists by Virtue of Me Moderating You.

Guest PeteWK
My PFM that I got of the green board is one of the 2-3 top writing pens I own of all prices and flavors. I also prefer the metal caps, and for whatever reason the size and girth are perfect for me. The snorkle systerm helps me slurp that last quarter inch of ink while my piston Tibaldi's and Pelikans' had to wait for the ink man to arrive with new bottles. I was lucky to get such a great example from a nice person (thanks G.M!) that was much nicer than I anticipated. I am constantly surprised how well it writes and while the P51 probably wins out with regards to durability, the size of the PFM (for me) puts it over the top. Now I'll have to find a factory stub!

Good luck finding the stub. I'd like to have a second one but I'm still waiting. I did, however, get my hands on a Green Paladium Silver Broad nib. I'm waiting for the right I or II in Green to come along on eBay. The sad thing is that I sold a nice Green II with a nearly perfect cap not three months ago. <sigh>

PeteWK

• 11 months later...

Great pen and review. My only complaint with my very broad, broad V is that it holds less than a page worth of ink. Snorks are great for light writing, but if one must write a great deal. it's extra fine or an ink bottle...

Another PFM fan here. Great size, great balance, great nib, great filling system. What is not to like. So far, I've never come across a factory stub, but you never know what the future will bring. I wish Sheaffer would release a true modern version of the PFM.

• 8 months later...

I really enjoyed this review...It has me looking around for a factory stub. And I really love that ink! I wonder what it was?