The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Sheaffer Stub Nibs - 1938 Oversize Balance Stub

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_PeteWK_*

Guest_PeteWK_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:10

And on to the Balance. Note that my date on this pen is approximate. I purchased the pen this way but would personally date the nib to about 2 or 3 years earlier than I would the pen. Could be wrong, though.

PeteWK

Attached Images

• 1938_2.jpg
  • 1938_1.jpg
  • 1938.jpg

Edited by PeteWK, 23 June 2007 - 04:22.

Sponsored Content

#2 sheafferkid

sheafferkid

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:28

I love the Balance too! I have a Vacuum-Fil Balance pen and pencil I love. Don't have a lever fill yet, but the lever wouldn't bother me. Nice review!

Evan
Sheaffer all the way!

#3 DrPJM1

DrPJM1

Oversize Balance

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 June 2007 - 13:33

Thanks for the review. Sheaffer's Balance are my favourite pens. Never have I seen one with a factory stub. I have one with a flexible fine nib, bu I'll just have to keep looking for that stub!
Pedro

Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens

Sponsored Content

|