I have some pretty long list of questions about Ranga pens, and would be very thankful if Ranga owners can share their experience in regard to those matters. Hope that it is fine to post all the questions in one list instead of making a separate topic for each one.
1) After looking at video reviews of different Ranga models, I saw that often a number of turns to unscrew the cap differs. Does a number of turns in a *same* model is identical across all the units of the model, or can it also differ? And most interesting - is it possible to ask for a customization? For example, I prefer a minimal amount of turns (ideally, one turn to unscrew the cap, like in TWSBI Eco & Jinhao 159), is it possible to ask for it when ordering a pen from Ranga?
2) On some videos I saw that (at least on one clipless model) there is a hole in the cap - the reviewer said that it is for "ventilation". It it indeed so, and if yes - is it possible to get a cap without a hole?
3) What is exactly the difference between regular and premium ebonite? Initally I thought that the difference is that the regular one is made in India and the premium one is imported, but then I saw that all types of ebonite are manufactured by the Ranga themselves (see here: bit.ly/2UCIeHy).
4) Regarding the difference between polished and matte (bakul) ebonite: except for the obvious visual differences, how those finishes differs - for example, is one feels better in hand than the other, or does one of them ages better than the other and shows less signs of wear or scratches? Maybe some other considerations as well? For example, in one place I saw it mentioned that premium matte ebonite can get "stained" (see here: bit.ly/2YWNLb7), though I don't quite understand what it means - the word "staining" seems more suitable for a polished ebonite, since it can loose it's polish.
5) In models with Jowo sections, is it easy to swap the sections (for example, if I want to change nib's width), or are they screwed in in a way that makes their removal problematic without a danger of damaging the pen/nib unit?
6) When does the next group buy for Ranga pen is expected to appear? I see that there is one going on right now, but only solid colors are available, and I am more inclined towards non-solid ones. Also, the 8B model is missing as well (still haven't decided between 3C & 8B, but right now there is no way to choose).
7) Is is possible to find somewhere a list of all available colors for Ranga with high resolution photos? The official Ranga site has only low resolution pics, and while there are some higher resolution pics available in various places (like on peytonstreetpens site), some colors seem to be missing there, and the resolution is still not quite as high as I would like.
Edited by day, 09 April 2019 - 13:47.