The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

A Good Introductory Vintage Pen

pilot pens vintage pens ink pen review parker waterman sheaffer

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,543 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:58

Pens point is a brick and mortar pen shop in Delhi right? https://penspoint.wordpress.com/

Confirm they provide some type of warranty on the pen you select. ie they will fix it if the pen fails in a short while.

I think initially you must stick to pens which do not need repairs generally like the English 51s, aero duofolds, English c/c 61s,Sheaffer targas, c/c imperials etc. really vintage pens need proper parts and careful restoration. Cant be expected from a shop selling stuff at v low prices. This is the reason i had to teach myself to restore pens properly. For really old pens i prefer that it is untouched unrestored by the seller
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Sponsored Content

#22 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:57

I disagree. the parker 51 is an everyday pen, it doesn't really have any quirks that make it feel "vintage"

I guess that's a perk, but a bland looking nail that's been copied perfectly with the wing sung 601 is just eh to me.

I vote for an eversharp skyline, waterman 52, parker vacumatic, or pelikan 140.

Vintage pens in relatively good condition are easy to restore. Sacs are often all they need, and for lever fillers, they cost pennies.

Edited by Honeybadgers, 10 April 2019 - 04:58.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pilot, pens, vintage pens, ink, pen review, parker, waterman, sheaffer

Sponsored Content

|