The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

On The Brink Of A Conid, A Little Sadly

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#101 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibalitic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 21:32

This'll let you use an M800

https://flexiblenib....r-pelikan-m800/

Edited by Karmachanic, 18 April 2019 - 21:32.

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

Sponsored Content

#102 Betweenthelines

Betweenthelines

The road goes ever on and on..

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:16

Unless I have atypical examples of each I would bet no–the Bock #8 feed looks a bit wider than the Pelikan M1000's (and FWIW, the nib units are totally different). That said, I have not tried to remove the nib and feed from either of these nib units so there is a possibility they can be swapped even though the nib units cannot. 

fpn_1555622234__img_0319.jpg

Hmm.. I saw a post on reddit where the author said that you can pull out the nib and feed from the Pelikan housing and it'll fit in the Bock housing, I may have read that it seats a little deep in it (which would make sense given what you say about the feed being narrower).  I think I also saw that flexible nib factory plans to make a housing for the m1000 nib and Conid Kingsize (I assume to have a more perfect fit, if the former method does indeed work).

#103 como

como

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 827 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:27

The only solution como, is to buy both Conids :D

- the flat top to match the blue Paragon and the streamline to match the yellow Ogiva.

Of course you are right, but I cannot do that. I would probably end up selling one of the Kingsize demos and buy an ebonite version. I think I will go for the Streamline demo once the pen fund is in good order again (need to wait until my last sale to come through). Restrain and patience. :)

Need the Omas pens determine the choice of Conids?  Does not (as users of the kingsize seem to agree) the Conid command its own place?  

Yes, Conid deserves a place in the collection, but so do other pens. All my pens need to live in harmony with one another :D. Conid has a unique and efficient filling system, and the design has its own beauty. But it would be hard to say, in 50 years, if Conid will be easier or more difficult to service than other filling systems. Almost all vintage pens can be taken apart, but not all we can find parts for. So I value Conid for its filling system and design, but it's not the one pen above all pens. 

#104 mauckcg

mauckcg

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 April 2019 - 07:36

Need the Omas pens determine the choice of Conids?  Does not (as users of the kingsize seem to agree) the Conid command its own place?  

Omas did pretty very well while Conids are a bit more utilitarian.  Each has it's own place.

#105 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,078 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:48

Omas did pretty very well while Conids are a bit more utilitarian.  Each has it's own place.

Indeed and they are more beautiful

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#106 como

como

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 827 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:49

Finally pulled the trigger for a Conid Kingsize Streamline Demo (K DCB DB SL TI), rhodinated gold nib, broad stub. Delivery will be mid August, so now the wait :) Thank you all for sharing your experience, giving suggestions and photo comparisons etc to help making a well informed decision.

Regards,

como

#107 mauckcg

mauckcg

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:54

Finally pulled the trigger for a Conid Kingsize Streamline Demo (K DCB DB SL TI), rhodinated gold nib, broad stub. Delivery will be mid August, so now the wait :) Thank you all for sharing your experience, giving suggestions and photo comparisons etc to help making a well informed decision.

Regards,

como

Yikes, three month wait time now.

#108 tubular

tubular

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 May 2019 - 16:57

Congratulations, como!  I think the one you've chosen is the most stunning one of all.

Finally pulled the trigger for a Conid Kingsize Streamline Demo (K DCB DB SL TI), rhodinated gold nib, broad stub.

#109 silverlifter

silverlifter

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 May 2019 - 18:00

Yikes, three month wait time now.

It's not so bad. I'm slowly coming up to the end of a fourteen month wait (I hope!) for a pen...

When I got the intended arrival date for my Conid (Minimalistica+ with two caps and a Ti <F> CI nib), I thought it seemed prompt by comparison :)

Edited by silverlifter, 09 May 2019 - 18:00.

Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

#110 tubular

tubular

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 May 2019 - 18:32

What pen is that, silverlifter?

I'm slowly coming up to the end of a fourteen month wait (I hope!) for a pen...

#111 silverlifter

silverlifter

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 May 2019 - 18:48

A custom from Fosfor pens. I'll post pics when it finally arrives!

Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

#112 tubular

tubular

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 May 2019 - 18:55

I hope you will!

A custom from Fosfor pens. I'll post pics when it finally arrives!

#113 como

como

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 827 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 May 2019 - 19:15

Congratulations, como!  I think the one you've chosen is the most stunning one of all.

Thank you, tubular. Demonstrators are fun to play with and look at, but they are higher maintenance pens for those who wish to keep their pens very clean, I included. Your ebonite flat top version is also very beautiful and probably in the long run will keep its appearance better, and the material is more "timeless". Perhaps it's a matter of which one to buy first. :D

Sponsored Content

|