• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lamyrada

• Dmact

• Thy

• Caronann

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would love to join this. I can assemble with no problem and my ECO recently developed a crack in the grip so it leaks. But I have a nice EF nib and all those extra parts. Perfect for the bottle of Iro Taki sumi or Kyoto No Oto #10 Nerebairo.

Shipping no issue, I can use my account to send a label for small flat rate ship if you like.Or Paypal.

Thanks for your generosity.

Caron

This PIF is not ended YET_. I will decide by Friday as I said earlier. I have also a TWSBI ECO in parts which I can donate to anyone IN THE 48 states that would like to assemble it.

There is a nice video on how to do that in You Tube. It just needs a nib. Or... I could probably supply a TWSBI stub
THE PROBLEM_____is not really a problem...
1)I opened it to lubricate the parts...
2) separated all its inner parts ( they are complete)
3) lost the nib,.... and havent got THE TIME to assemble it back, It is BLACK, it is in perfect conditions and it holds a lot of ink, as you all know..

So, this is a PIF WITHIN A PIF

In addition, I will give away a Platinum demonstrator which I dont remember the name of... i May have some cartridges for it. Will include photo soon.

Edited by Caronann

The pens are yours, I want to send out both packages the same day. Send me your address via Personal message and I will follow up tomorrow. Congrats!

Thanks so myuch!!

DM to you.

The pens are yours, I want to send out both packages the same day. Send me your address via Personal message and I will follow up tomorrow. Congrats!

Edited by Caronann

So, this PIF is finished. All pens were assigned,

My best wishes to you all in your personal and writing journeys...

That is a very interesting offer. I have never tried assembling..I have heard a lot about TWSBI and never tried one too.

I will be glad to be considered for this PIF within PIF

This PIF is not ended YET_. I will decide by Friday as I said earlier. I have also a TWSBI ECO in parts which I can donate to anyone IN THE 48 states that would like to assemble it.

There is a nice video on how to do that in You Tube. It just needs a nib. Or... I could probably supply a TWSBI stub
THE PROBLEM_____is not really a problem...
1)I opened it to lubricate the parts...
2) separated all its inner parts ( they are complete)
3) lost the nib,.... and havent got THE TIME to assemble it back, It is BLACK, it is in perfect conditions and it holds a lot of ink, as you all know..

So, this is a PIF WITHIN A PIF

In addition, I will give away a Platinum demonstrator which I dont remember the name of... i May have some cartridges for it. Will include photo soon.

I am from India. Hence ineligible for the PIF from USA. :(

Edited by dinupravin

Knowledge Power

Welp, im a sad panda... Usps informed delivery showed package delivered at 6:30pm yesterday but alas! No package... I give them benefit of doubt but today, the mail man goeth but package cometh not... So either a. it was purloined in the 10 minutes between me being out for a smoke and me checking usps again or b. its under the drivers seat of the delivery vehicle -.-

Edited by Dmact

Welp, im a sad panda... Usps informed delivery showed package delivered at 6:30pm yesterday but alas! No package... I give them benefit of doubt but today, the mail man goeth but package cometh not... So either a. it was purloined in the 10 minutes between me being out for a smoke and me checking usps again or b. its under the drivers seat of the delivery vehicle -.-

Unfortunately the sender has no control of that. I doubt ___ if you are referring to my PIF___ that it was delivered yesterday. It was sent regular mail as you requested and it cost around $3 ~~ to send, so it must be arriving on a mule, not a car.during this Week! Are you referring to some other PIF? I’m confused.

I sent a second PIF which arrived yesterday. it was sent flat rate Priority paid by the addressee.. so your package couldn’t have arrived on the same day...

I certainly wasn't implying any responsibility on your part, apologies if it came across that way. I was wanting to update with a writing sample once i got them.

Im expecting 2 packages currently, yours and some ink samples from goulet (which shipped on Monday)... The one "delivered" Monday shipped from one of the two states under your name so im HOPING its like the time I ordered a new cord for my macbook and it showed up a month after it scanned "delivered". We'll see, hopefully it shows up eventually

I certainly wasn't implying any responsibility on your part, apologies if it came across that way. I was wanting to update with a writing sample once i got them.

Im expecting 2 packages currently, yours and some ink samples from goulet (which shipped on Monday)... The one "delivered" Monday shipped from one of the two states under your name so im HOPING its like the time I ordered a new cord for my macbook and it showed up a month after it scanned "delivered". We'll see, hopefully it shows up eventually

No problem. Update me on the PIF sent by me privately, please. It will arrive...sooner or later. Or so I hope.

Many good writings, my dear

They came and thank you! So glad it was the "under the carriers seat" option and not (yet another) pilfered parcel. I was expecting INK today but now THAT didnt come (didn't get scanned as delivered though either).

The Metropolitan is M.I.N.E. now... The weight surprized me (in a good way), and i can sign my full name on a gnats pinkytoe with this EF nib (which i loooove, my bullet journal is pocket size).

Sooo what ink comes in the cartridges nd what ink is in your lamy 2k? I love both of them.

I'll post samples once i learn to write with a non italic nib again (my handwriting took a nose dive without the stability of a broad edge after a year writing almost exclusively with one)

Really? That might explain the wetness... unfortunately I already bought ~5 bottles of food coloring :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Much regret with that xD

A surprising number of ink problems can be solved with dilution. Give that a try before you give up on using your food dye as ink entirely. Dilute into sample vials, starting around 10:1. Perhaps you'll dilute the surfactants sufficiently before you overdilute the dyes.

Not that I should be encouraging you to use food dye as ink.

I've tried it, for the cost of a bottle of higgin's, its not worth the hassle... Noodlers is 2 more than higgins. I learned REAL fast that its not worth the headache... If i were to go that route again i would get some fiber reactive fabric dye and go from there

They came and thank you! So glad it was the "under the carriers seat" option and not (yet another) pilfered parcel. I was expecting INK today but now THAT didnt come (didn't get scanned as delivered though either).

The Metropolitan is M.I.N.E. now... The weight surprized me (in a good way), and i can sign my full name on a gnats pinkytoe with this EF nib (which i loooove, my bullet journal is pocket size).

Sooo what ink comes in the cartridges nd what ink is in your lamy 2k? I love both of them.

I'll post samples once i learn to write with a non italic nib again (my handwriting took a nose dive without the stability of a broad edge after a year writing almost exclusively with one)

I Suppose you are referring to the two Pilots...

The Lamy I used for writing was a Lamy Safari, not a 2K, which is relatively inexpensive. It has a 1.9mm stub and is very smooth. - Ink was Lamy Blue comes in Lamy cartridges.

Edited by Lamyrada

Yeah, my bad lol at least i remembered lamy XD i love blue inks, the blue you sent with the pens is awesomely retina burning, I've killed one cartridge worth between the two pens

• 2 weeks later...

This PIF w/in a Pif would be perfect for my two sons, 11&9, who are getting into the hobby. Learning to build an eco would be awesome. Thanks for your great contributions to this community. Best regards, -E