A Pif Of Two Pilots

Lamyrada

Are you a beginner user? Do you have but a few pens! And want to try others? Do you want to try an economical way to start up using fountain pens??

Are you a student willing to try fountain pens?
A senior like me ready to take on fountain pen writing as a hobby ! Like me?
Do you live in any of the 48 states ?

Then this PIF is for you. Of course, I expect you to be honest and be really wanting and needing this. Both pens are in pristine conditions, I don't have the converters, but you can start with cartridges, which I don't have right now, or else I would have included some.
Just let me know which pens you have used or have. And I will decide by the end of the week, which person will receive BOTH pens.
These are a) a Pilot 78 G , F nib and a B) Metropolitan with probably a Fine nib.

post-113799-0-30287700-1554648511_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lamyrada

• Dmact

• Thy

• fprookie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi! May I join this PIF?

The fountain pens I've tried are the Jinhao 911, a random Hero pen my friend let me borrow, and the Parker 45 with a really wet nib!

I own the Parker 45 (but I need a nibmeister to fix it), and the Jinhao 911; My favorite is the 911 due to it's nice ability to write on uncoated paper.

Edited by Thy

I was a student till recently and am now advising few students.

I have tried a Lamy safari, sheaffer no-nonsense and few Indian ebonite pens.

I will be glad to try pilot pens.

Not a student anymore (just broke like one)... The closest i have used to a real fountain pen is a koh-i-noor acetograph fitted with an osmiroid nib, which is great for doing edged scripts but it kinda sucks as a daily writer, and of course the $5 pens at kroger that barely count as a FP, so i would be be honored to receive one.

I'm not in but I'm a senior(61) but I am Administrative Faculty. I have two Pilot Metros and an Online Switch +. I give away the Shark pens. I don't have much success with F nibs probably due to bad paper.

Boy, this is going to be difficult to decide. I wish I had more pens to give away and I will try to add a few more as I rummage through my unused lot! I have been using and trying FPs for almost 3 years and I already have what I like, which is middle of the road inexpensive and unafailimg. No fancy pens that require special care... I find myself deciding each week if I should use this or that pen, when I know some people might be wanting to use them. I ahave been graced with a lot of advise from this site over the years and I love writing with fountain pens, so I hope you all enjoy this as much. Two other pens will be offered privately to a few of you answering this PIF. Enjoy! I may not add any other comment until the end of the week, but will be reading your statements. Thank you.

Thank you for the PIF event! Congrats to those who got the pens; it'd bet they'd like it a lot!

Thank you for the PIF event! Congrats to those who got the pens; it'd bet they'd like it a lot!

Im pretty sure its still open.

Also, im ona phone so tiny pics but, is that a model of Neuschwanstein?

Im pretty sure its still open.

Also, im ona phone so tiny pics but, is that a model of Neuschwanstein?

It is! I was working on several Metal Earth Models, and I've completed quite a few, these are just some that I had on my phone (as a profile picture).

This PIF is not ended YET_. I will decide by Friday as I said earlier. I have also a TWSBI ECO in parts which I can donate to anyone IN THE 48 states that would like to assemble it.

There is a nice video on how to do that in You Tube. It just needs a nib. Or... I could probably supply a TWSBI stub

THE PROBLEM_____is not really a problem...

1)I opened it to lubricate the parts...

2) separated all its inner parts ( they are complete)

3) lost the nib,.... and havent got THE TIME to assemble it back, It is BLACK, it is in perfect conditions and it holds a lot of ink, as you all know..

So, this is a PIF WITHIN A PIF

In addition, I will give away a Platinum demonstrator which I dont remember the name of... i May have some cartridges for it. Will include photo soon.

post-113799-0-58767500-1554845629_thumb.jpeg

post-113799-0-45845800-1554845641_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Lamyrada

Not an entry.

Hi! May I join this PIF?

The fountain pens I've tried are the Jinhao 911, a random Hero pen my friend let me borrow, and the Parker 45 with a really wet nib!

I own the Parker 45 (but I need a nibmeister to fix it), and the Jinhao 911; My favorite is the 911 due to it's nice ability to write on uncoated paper.

A surprising number of pen problems are actually ink problems, and it's possible that it's the ink that lets the Jinhao write on coated paper.

As for the demonstrator Platinum, it's a Preppy. It can be filled with Platinum cartridges, which can be refilled with a typical bulb pipette (like this one). Alternately, treat the threads with a little bit of pure silicone grease, and you can just fill the whole barrel with ink using an eyedropper.

Good news: I have assigned the PIF of the Pilots to DMact. Waiting for his/her address to be forwarded.

ADDITIONAL PIF OFFER:

PLEASE note that I will PIF two additional pens, together for another person.

The person should comply with the same requirement plus know how to assemble a TWSBI ECO or want to learn to assemble it... He/she will receive also a Platinum Cool pen in working order also and an ink cartridge, I will need Priority shipping costs from the winner (TBD.) for this one.

I need additional people who are interesting on re-constructing (JA!) the TWSBI ECO.

Edited by Lamyrada

Thank you! Shipping info sent, Now i have justification for that Ocean Noir that i "didn't order"

LOL... Just let me know how it goes with the Ocean Noir!!!

ShhhhhhhhhhhhhhSHHHHHshhh!!!! I "didn't" order it, remember? ;-)

But you said you have "justification', get on with it!!!! Buy it!

Arkanabar: the pen you are referring to is not a Preppy.I know what I bought and it is not that, I will come back with the model later....

post-113799-0-80122100-1554855178.jpg

Edited by Lamyrada

Not an entry.

A surprising number of pen problems are actually ink problems, and it's possible that it's the ink that lets the Jinhao write on coated paper.

As for the demonstrator Platinum, it's a Preppy. It can be filled with Platinum cartridges, which can be refilled with a typical bulb pipette (like this one). Alternately, treat the threads with a little bit of pure silicone grease, and you can just fill the whole barrel with ink using an eyedropper.

I use food coloring for cost efficiency and it flows really well with the Jinhao 911, but quite the opposite with the Parker 45. It might be a nib or feed problem, but it's most likely just normally a really really wet writer. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Yeah i tried food coloring once, you can do some interesting stuff dying wool/silk fabric with it + citric acid (koolaid also makes awesome dye cuz it has both) but i learned the hard way that food color SUCKS in a FP, its just too runny. Even a cheapo $5 bottle of higgins FP ink will last a rediculous period (i fill 4 or 5 pages a day practicing hindi script with a wide wet calligraphy pen... You can almost hear it make slurping noises i lay down so much ink... the $5 bottle has been going 4 months and I'm only 1/4 through it).

Yeah i tried food coloring once, you can do some interesting stuff dying wool/silk fabric with it + citric acid (koolaid also makes awesome dye cuz it has both) but i learned the hard way that food color SUCKS in a FP, its just too runny. Even a cheapo $5 bottle of higgins FP ink will last a rediculous period (i fill 4 or 5 pages a day practicing hindi script with a wide wet calligraphy pen... You can almost hear it make slurping noises i lay down so much ink... the $5 bottle has been going 4 months and I'm only 1/4 through it).

Really? That might explain the wetness... unfortunately I already bought ~5 bottles of food coloring :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Much regret with that xD

Edited by Thy