Rakuten Fixed-Amount Discount Coupons

A Smug Dill

As Rakuten Global Market does from time to time, it is running another campaign where you get a fixed amount (in Japanese yen) discounted off the total if you meet the minimum threshold, on a single order from a single seller before international shipping is calculated.

The current offers are:

• ¥700 off a minimum spend of ¥7,000
  • ¥1,200 off a minimum spend of ¥10,000
  • ¥3,000 off a minimum spend of ¥20,000
  • ¥10,000 off a minimum spend of ¥50,000

so it's up to 20% off. For that kind of campaign, this is about as high a discount as I've seen in the past twelve months.

fpn_1554369191__rgm_coupon_discount_as_p

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• XYZZY

• ridiculopathy

• bobje

The number of coupons are limited. Only 1000 coupons for the 10,000¥-off. Errrm, 999 now. :unsure:

Thanks for the heads-up on that!

Thank you for heads up on this, Dill.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

It looks like the quota for the ¥10,000-off discount coupon has been exhausted now.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

And I just received email this morning that the pen I ordered is or of stock, an unknown restock date. So that's probably one coupon lost in the ether. Hopefully they'll let me substitute a different model KOP into the same order, but I am skeptical of that.

Some shops on RGM are more accommodating than others. If you can get past (purported) language barriers in your communications with the shop, chances are its staff will try to accommodate reasonable requests. Unlike on Amazon, sellers can do all sorts of edits to orders after placement/acceptance on the RGM platform.

However, I myself have never been able to get past the specific issue of "currently out of stock and not knowing if or when it will be back in stock", when I tried to order a Sailor kabazaiku (cherry bark finish) pen; my orders were cancelled three times (by the same shop, which may or may not be the one you're trying to buy from) last year, when I tried to take advantage of discount coupons from similar campaign's, and the staff have no interest whatsoever in either taking the item off the shop's catalogue or putting me on a queue of accepted but as yet unfulfilled orders to be managed (including chasing the manufacturer up about stock from time to time).

Thanks for the heads up! I got one of the ¥3000 coupons; now I'm just going to hope that the pen I want becomes in stock within 5 days haha.

• 1 month later...

"You snooze, you lose." :(

I checked several times during the week before Mother's Day, and "of course" Rakuten didn't have any good promotional offers then. I even checked on Monday, to see if it has decided right after Mother's Day is when the consumer base needs a little bit of a jolt to get spending again. Nothing.

"Of course" Rakuten decided to do another fixed-amount discount coupons campaign starting about midday Tuesday here, when I wasn't inspired to look. :angry:

This round of Rakuten fixed-amount discount coupons

Discount

Qualifying

amount1

Claims

allowed

per user

Site-wide usage quota2

¥700

¥7,000

(2,499 remaining out of) 3,000

¥1,500

¥15,000

(2,755 remaining out of) 3,000

¥2,000

¥17,000

(2,441 remaining out of) 3,000

¥2,500

¥20,000

(0 remaining out of) 1,000

¥4,000

¥30,000

(0 remaining out of) 500

¥7,000

¥50,000

(0 remaining out of) 400

1 For a single order from a single seller, as usual.

2 Remaining number as of the time of writing.

By the time I looked today, the three highest-value coupons have already been exhausted, all within 48 hours. It makes me wonder if nobody else here uses Rakuten Global Market, or just that nobody cared to share the market intelligence here before or after making a claim using one of the limited-in-number coupons.

Never mind.

The respective discounts for the qualifying amounts of ¥20,000 and ¥50,000 are not as good as in the previous campaign I wrote about at the start of this thread, and I've already noted back then that the discounts offered in April were unusually high, as high as I recall seeing over a period of twelve months. Luckily, the coupon with the qualifying amount of ¥17,000 (not previously available as a separate data point) suited me fine, and I had some limited-time Rakuten Reward Points that were about a month from expiring, so I pulled the trigger and ordered two pens. As well, Rakuten Global Express is doing another discount campaign for its international forwarding services, so it all lined up quite well for me.

Enjoy!