Montblanc Is Revamping Their Standard Ink Line!

Pennenut

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NeverTapOut

• Tom Kellie

• Michael R.

• 1nkulus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The two price hikes together amounted to 20%. Inks went from $19.50 to $21.50 to $23.50.

I like several of the colors, but don’t use ink fast enough. I have Corn Poppy Red and Toffee Brown. Samples of Irish Green, Oyster Grey and Lavender Purple were all nice. But I cannot justify getting all those. I wish they sold 30ml versions.

Posted Image

im so out of touch with the newer inks... anyone using these leather or scotch scented ink, any good?

I have the Elixir parfumeur wood & tobacco gifted by my reseller when bought my Purdey & Sons pen as he hadn't the Purdey ink but I'm not convinced by the flagrance. For me it is chemical and absolutely not smells wood or tobacco. And on the paper after few days the flagrance disappears. My reseller smelt me the leather ink and same remarks, I didn't smell the leather, just something chemical. Maybe the Purdey ink with scotch flagrance is better, maybe I will buy it to have the set with the pen and the notebook. But for me Elixir parfumeur inks isn't worth their prices.

Well let the hoarding begin, lol. I received today my 3 unopened Montblanc inks; Irish Green, Burgandy Red and Corn Poppy Red.post-141133-0-60219600-1554605879_thumb.jpeg

2010 Montblanc changed their ink as well as the bottle. The 2010 new colors include: Mystery Black, Royal Blue, Midnight Blue, Lavender Purple, Burgundy Red, Oyster Grey, Toffee Brown, & Irish Green.

Colors Before 2010: Royal Blue, Blue-black, Black, Emerald Green, Ruby Red, Turquoise, Bordeaux, Sepia, Racing Green

Late 2014 Corn Poppy Red was introduced.

Edited by omarcenaro

None of us knows how long he shall live or when his time will come. But soon all that will be left of our brief lives is the pride our children feel when they speak our names.

A nice survey of modern Montblanc inks: http://kmpn.blogspot.com.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

I could not resist, unsealed and ready to use now

post-141133-0-72300700-1554647422_thumb.jpeg

None of us knows how long he shall live or when his time will come. But soon all that will be left of our brief lives is the pride our children feel when they speak our names.

• 2 weeks later...

How does the Irish Green compare to the old Racing Green? I really liked that one, partly because of the color, partly because of the really buttery feel in writing. But €19 for a 50ml bottle is a bit steep just to try it out.

Currently inked:

Waterman Apostrophe Blue Marble (Waterman Florida Blue), Waterman Apostrophe Black Lacquer (Montblanc Racing Green), Waterman Hemisphere (my own mix with Galileo Manuscript Brown)

Wish list: Stipula Giardino di Boboli, MB 4810 Andrew Carnegie

Does anyone know what the new standard colors are going to be?

It looks like they are doing away with Midnight Blue.

Also are they changing the bottle size?

Regards,

David

Edited by Jesus1

post-148414-0-21658800-1556069717.jpgpost-148414-0-59699400-1556069747.jpg

Not trying to change the subject... This is how my ink arrived last week from Amazon Prime.

The box bothered me some however of all the bottles of MB ink I purchased I never saw a made in Austria sticker and a sticker that said New Item.

Plus the sticker that tells if the box was opened was broken with no expiration date on it.

Needless to say I returned the bottle. Is this authentic or grey market...Did MB change it's packaging or did I get old stock...something did not look right.

Regards,

David

Edited by Jesus1

The label is likely placed there by the sales people

Probably...however there is a label made in Austria too and usually that is printed on the box.

Edited by Jesus1

Probably...however there is a label made in Austria too and usually that is printed on the box

Just got from MB boutique, see Made in Austria label?

fpn_1556170967__ink.jpg

It must be a new thing...the bottles I purchased from a Boutique last year or the year before didn't have the labels...are they still putting the Expiration Date Label on the package and bottle?

Regards,

David

It must be a new thing...the bottles I purchased from a Boutique last year or the year before didn't have the labels...are they still putting the Expiration Date Label on the package and bottle?

Regards,

David

All my MB ink bottles are from boutique. Only very few limited editions have Made in Austria printed on the box, for example, 90 years grey, pink edition. All regular ones and the current WE ink use "Make in Austria" sticker. The regular ink has the exact black sticker shown on your photo.

My understanding is, although MB ink is expensive, most of them are poor in quality, often skipping even with MB pens. I never saw a fake one because the demanding is so small.

My understanding is, although MB ink is expensive, most of them are poor in quality, often skipping even with MB pens. I never saw a fake one because the demanding is so small.

I actually have the opposite experience; I've never had any problems with the 10 Montblanc inks I've used (8 standard inks and 2 special editions). Many of these are some of my favorite inks in their respective colors.

All my MB ink bottles are from boutique. Only very few limited editions have Made in Austria printed on the box, for example, 90 years grey, pink edition. All regular ones and the current WE ink use "Make in Austria" sticker. The regular ink has the exact black sticker shown on your photo.

Please share the source of your understanding about MB ink. It seems to go against most opinions here. I'm genuinely interested, not trying to change your mind.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!