Montblanc Is Revamping Their Standard Ink Line!

Pennenut

The Lapis Lazuli could be the most 'electric' blue MB has offered?

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NeverTapOut

• Tom Kellie

• Michael R.

• 1nkulus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Casa della Stilografica (no affiliation) has shared images of the ink swatches:

post-137362-0-77058100-1561675626.jpgpost-137362-0-85854500-1561675635.jpgpost-137362-0-63734800-1561675642.jpgpost-137362-0-03240900-1561675649.jpg

It is also worth noting that there are two more colours in this series coming out: Turquoise and Ultramarine. There are also matching notebooks in the same colours. All the inks/notebooks in this series are based on Pantone swatches:

Egyptian Blue - Pantone 299

Chinese Blue - Pantone 3577

Maya Blue - Pantone 2228

Turquoise - Pantone 3252

Lapis Lazuli - Pantone 285

Ultramarine - Pantone Blue 072

Edited by auds

Have a look at my Instagram :)

Casa della Stilografica (no affiliation) has shared images of the ink swatches:

attachicon.gif montblanc-chinese-blue-ink-bottles-30-ml-test.jpgattachicon.gif montblanc-egyptian-blue-ink-bottles-30-ml-test.jpgattachicon.gif montblanc-lapis-lazuli-ink-bottles-30-ml-test.jpgattachicon.gif montblanc-maya-blue-ink-bottles-30-ml-test.jpg

It is also worth noting that there are two more colours in this series coming out: Turquoise and Ultramarine. There are also matching notebooks in the same colours. All the inks/notebooks in this series are based on Pantone swatches:

Egyptian Blue - Pantone 299

Chinese Blue - Pantone 3577

Maya Blue - Pantone 2228

Turquoise - Pantone 3252

Lapis Lazuli - Pantone 285

Ultramarine - Pantone Blue 072

* takes Chinese Blue of the mental list :mellow:

I've seen some swabs by penboutiqueltd

ultramarine looks... not sure. Similar to beatles, but it may have better shading. I'm curious.

Lapis Lazuli looks VERY interesting... as does Egyptian.

Turquoise reminds me of spectacular beach waters... Drastically different to unicef.

* takes Chinese Blue of the mental list :mellow:

I was much more interested in Chinese blue based on the color on the box than the color in the swab; fortunately Maya blue now looks more interesting. Still waiting for a few real writing samples to form a final opinion.

Of the 4 swabs by auds, the only one I'm probably not interested in is Egyptian blue; it looks a little too light for my tastes.

Lapis and Egyptian seem promising. But I don't have a swab tip nib on any of my pens :D , so I'll be eager to see nib writing samples.

Ink 'em if you got 'em!

The blue series is really exciting! Will these be added permanently to Montblanc's ink offering? Its a shame they come in the smaller bottles. Would love to see these in the 60ml 'shoes.'

I was much more interested in Chinese blue based on the color on the box than the color in the swab; fortunately Maya blue now looks more interesting. Still waiting for a few real writing samples to form a final opinion.

Of the 4 swabs by auds, the only one I'm probably not interested in is Egyptian blue; it looks a little too light for my tastes.

I agree with you regarding Egyptian, its a nice colour but it looks too bright (it also might be a bit too similar to UNICEF). I'll probably get lapis, ultramarine and if Chinese looks more like Casa della Ctilografica's swab than the box, I'll get that.

• 2 weeks later...

Inks are being discontinued that I have never got around to using. I'm still using MB Violet, MB Royal Blue and MB Racing Green in the old 50ml "shoe" bottles.

In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.

Midnight Blue remains. The packaging and labeling is different, I don't know if the formulation has changed.

As you can see on this website: https://appelboom.com/ink-bottles/montblanc-744/?sort=p.price&order=ASC

The first product are the old ink bottles, and then the rest are the new ones.

(I'm not affiliated.)

Latest addition:  Montblanc LeGrand 146 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

• 2 weeks later...

Blue Palette collection:

~ Michael R.:

As those inks are fairly recently introduced this question may be premature.

In writing with them, have you developed any preference yet for one or another?

In other words, in a nib on paper, have any of them stood out to you as being of exceptional quality?

If it's far too early to ask, please ignore my question.

Thank you for the eye-pleasing image of the boxes! That's such a nice photo.

Tom K.

Thank you for your kind words!

I‘ve just returned from a trip to Rome where I bought those inks including the Kipling Jungle Green.

Today I‘ve inked pens with Jungle Green, Turquoise, Chinese Blue and Lapis Lazuli and I will take at least two of them to work tomorrow.

I‘ll keep you updated as I‘ve not had no chance to actually test them yet.

Cheers

Michael

Blue Palette collection:

48339688171_887daa02c5_k.jpgP1470850 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48339831052_d3783f593a_k.jpgP1470855 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48339689471_d762c1a1c1_k.jpgP1470861 by pensninks, auf Flickr

Cheers

Michael

Great pictures Michael! I look forward to hearing how the new inks work out, especially interested in Lapis Lazuli. I'm waiting for my local store to get stock.

Edited by auds

Sharing my first test photo of the MB Turquoise:

48371754977_b22d5bc94d_c.jpg 48371754702_3fe9aa36d2_c.jpg

48371624831_c00080c108_c.jpg 48371625066_ddc3593d06_c.jpg
48371754137_cc7a64e427_c.jpg 48371753767_5d6a85f38f_c.jpg
In the comparaison test, at the top it is the MB Turquoise in my 149 with medium nib and below it is my Heritage R&N Serpent solitaire with OBB nib and MB Emerald ink. To my mind the Turquoise is close to the Emerald but more pale, without shading we can have with the Emerald so I'm not fan of the Turquoise. I hope I will prefer the Ultramarine and Maya blue better than the Turquoise. I hope I will be able to test the Egyptian blue too but don't have it for the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your kind words!

Ive just returned from a trip to Rome where I bought those inks including the Kipling Jungle Green.

Today Ive inked pens with Jungle Green, Turquoise, Chinese Blue and Lapis Lazuli and I will take at least two of them to work tomorrow.

Ill keep you updated as Ive not had no chance to actually test them yet.

Cheers

Michael

Any conclusions to the performance and your preferences?

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

When it comes to the new-style caps used on the 60ml and 30ml Montblanc ink bottles, in the last year I've had two develop cracks vertically across the threads. Could they have been over-tightened? Well, I've never had this issue during decades of twisting the knurled 50ml bottle caps, and I'm confident I use the same amount of torque. My other nine MB bottles with the new-style caps get more scrutiny now.

post-11154-0-93699100-1565233365_thumb.jpg

Michael R...

When you get a chance can you please post a writing sample comparing UltraMarine to Royal Blue.

I would really appreciate it.

Kindest Regards,

David