Looking For A Very Specific Dark Blue - Please Help!

CoolBreeze

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoolBreeze

• dumaresq

• Carrau

• Darth_Roo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

+1 Oxford Blue

The blue that ended my long, worldwide search (incl. ink-mixing experiments) for a dark blue!

Diamine Oxford Blue

+1 for Diamine Oxford Blue

+1 Oxford blue.

+1 Diamine Oxford Blue

+1 Oxford Blue

Another shout for Diamine Oxford Blue.

If it hasn't already been mentioned -- I suggest Diamine Oxford Blue.

If you're considering Cult's Deep Dark, you may want to order both from them since you'll already be paying them for shipping.

If you're considering Cult's Deep Dark, you may want to order both from them since you'll already be paying them for shipping.

Did somebody mention Oxford Blue? Edited by Darth_Roo

I suppose you mean you have arrived at your limit for attachments, which is very small. Use the upload tab at the top of your screen and you will have limitless space for pictures, provided each one is 2mb or smaller.

very helpful! Thanks!

+1 for Diamine Oxford Blue-others to consider might be Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite, Diamine Eclipse or Midnight, Regency Blue, Sailor Kobe #51 Kano-Cho Midnight.

Great thanks. I love more options. I have found Diamine Regency Blue to look blacker than black though. I like the other options!

LOL - I don't ever think there was more an agreement on FPN. That being said, on the swatches I have seen online, they all look like a slightly darker Blue Velvet which is more of a true blue to me. However, it wouldn't be the first time where an ink looks different on screen than it does in person. I made sure the pictures I posted were exactly what I see in person - which I "think" looks like it has slightly more purple in it. That being said - I have never seen oxford blue in person and it doesn't hurt to get a sample!

Oxford Blue looks amazing on white and cream paper-so crisp on white (IIRC, this is nicely shown on Visvamitra’s review). Edelstein Tanzanite is a little more on the purple side, as is Eclipse. Kano Cho Midnight is a deep, dark blue, and amazingly smooth. Tough to choose-I love them all.

Diamine Oxford Blue

J Herbin Bleu des Profondeurs

Sailor (Jentle) Blue

These might work, though they might be a touch too dark (Bleu des Profondeurs & Oxford Blue) or not bright enough (Sailro Blue)...

I agree with Olya; when I first saw your photos, Oxford Blue is what came to my mind. Check it out on Goulet Pens to view photos. If that doesn't work, search their inks via color and look for whatever else you think is similar. Hope this helps!

Levenger's Empyrean ... to my eyes.

Walk in shadow / Walk in dread / Loosefish walk / As Like one dead

LOL - I don't ever think there was more an agreement on FPN. That being said, on the swatches I have seen online, they all look like a slightly darker Blue Velvet which is more of a true blue to me. However, it wouldn't be the first time where an ink looks different on screen than it does in person. I made sure the pictures I posted were exactly what I see in person - which I "think" looks like it has slightly more purple in it. That being said - I have never seen oxford blue in person and it doesn't hurt to get a sample!

Although I was one of the Oxford Blue chorus, looking at your uploads again, I fear it won't be purple enough for you. It's a true blue.

But do try it anyway, it's a great ink!

Check out the blues thread in the signature below.

And remember, samples are your friend.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 2 weeks later...