The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Stipula Etruria Photo Thread

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#121 MalcLee

MalcLee

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:58

A second leaf to the collection.

Attached Images

• IMG_2777.JPG

Sponsored Content

#122 fpupulin

fpupulin

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:51

Congratulations for your "Gran Sasso"! The name of the pen means Big Stone in Italian; it is the name of the highest mountain in the Appennini mountain chain.

The celluloid of Gran Sasso is in absolute one of my preferred in the past offer of Stipula, and I understand you when you say that it is so beautiful that is difficult to pass... I only could resist (until now...) because the few I was able to find were way too much expensive for being used.

You was very fortunate in finding one new at Novelli! Enjoy it in good health.

#123 MalcLee

MalcLee

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2020 - 00:54

Dear fpupulin,

Thank you very much for your well wishes and I think this celluloid being named after that mountain in summertime is apt. I hope Stipula goes from strength to strength as pen makers.

MalcLee

#124 RubenDh

RubenDh

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2020 - 21:02

What a beautiful pen! Very unique and rare, congratulations!

I, too, couldn't resist the temptation for another Etruria. My goal for 2020 was to add two to my 'collection'. We're two weeks in and I acquired one already  :P

It's the famous 991!

wyfy0Ig.jpg

And this is the current state, finally filling up my Franklin Christoph Penvelope Six:

oCU1jZ9.jpg

Edited by RubenDh, 16 January 2020 - 21:33.

#125 RubenDh

RubenDh

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2020 - 21:26

Adding the 991 is also very cool because I feel that I reached some kind of 'goal'.
Long before purchasing my first >100,- EUR fountain pen I googled something like 'most beautiful pens' and I quicky realised that Italian pens (and in specific made out of celluloid) where just that what I dreamed of. Doing some research I found a link to the beloved Stipula Etruria line on the webpage of Glenns Pens' "Pens Of Note". Once there, the back-then unreal goal of owning the 4 pens displayed in the banner picture started seeping in. These four pens where my grail pens ever since!

Today, I completed my search and was lucky to have acquired just those 4 pens!

Glenns Pens
DSC_0457-800-EtruriaCollection.jpg

My Pens
ps5sm0I.jpg

Edited by RubenDh, 16 January 2020 - 22:04.

#126 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2020 - 21:52

Gosh, Ruben! I'm still missing the 991! :crybaby: (but congrats!  :) )

#127 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2020 - 22:12

congrats!

joins mine

fpn_1579212683__p1160638-3_stipula_gran_

#128 Paul-in-SF

Paul-in-SF

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2020 - 23:24

I have one Etruria, this green ebonite and clear resin LE, with a titanium T-flex nib (it was the only nib available from where I got it). I love the pen, the size and shape fit my hand really well, and it holds a ton of ink. All good except for the nib/feed, I was getting ink starvation really bad so I finally sent it out to have it tuned and tweaked. It's not bad now, but if I ever get another one, it certainly won't be with one of these nibs. 

Sorry for the inadequate lighting. The ebonite cap and knob are marbled black and green, the section is black. 

Attached Images

• Stipula.jpg

#129 fpupulin

fpupulin

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 00:42

Today, I completed my search and was lucky to have acquired just those 4 pens!

My Pens
ps5sm0I.jpg

Wow, Ruben! Quite an accomplishment there!

I also prefer your Ambra with silver accents to the one posted long time ago by Glenn Markus, with gold trims. 

But, correct me if I am wrong, was you not selling your Ambra recently here in the Forum Classified?

#130 RubenDh

RubenDh

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 12:33

But, correct me if I am wrong, was you not selling your Ambra recently here in the Forum Classified?

Yes that is correct actually! My ambre is the old version of the Etruria - which has a straight section. And since I love the Etrurias for their shape, having a 'normal' concaved section is important for me. If I sell my ambre, it would only be just to buy another concaved Etruria (ambre) with the money ;)

Edited by RubenDh, 17 January 2020 - 12:33.

#131 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 19:44

you should note though that your Ambra is the first version made with the straight section, so actually rarer...! :)

On the other hand you're slightly cheating with your Ego, isn't that the converter version? ;)

Edited by sansenri, 17 January 2020 - 19:45.

#132 MalcLee

MalcLee

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 22:22

beautiful pens you folks have on here.

Attached Images

• AC0B9F03-103A-4488-A876-1DC3DCE2988F.jpeg

#133 RubenDh

RubenDh

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2020 - 16:19

All good except for the nib/feed, I was getting ink starvation really bad so I finally sent it out to have it tuned and tweaked. It's not bad now, but if I ever get another one, it certainly won't be with one of these nibs. 

I have heard/experienced the same as you. I do, however, stronly recommend the steel (in particular stubs) and gold (fine is my favourite) nibs instead!

On the other hand you're slightly cheating with your Ego, isn't that the converter version? ;)

Indeed, what's also why there is no end ring on there! :) This C/C version, however, has metal threadings inside to connect the barrel to the section. This metal piece adds a nice weight just in the center of the pen which makes it slightly more substantial to hold, which I like.

beautiful pens you folks have on here.

Yours is a stunner too! I must say, however, that I don't seem to be as attracted to the matt (?) clip ring as much as a sterling silver 'shiny' one

Sponsored Content

|