• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fpupulin

• sansenri

• como

• RubenDh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you Ruben, your celluloids really are candy...

Here is another Etruria, not celluloid, nor a piston filler, but it looks good and is likely to become a daily writer.

It's a Stipula Etruria Gallicana Notte di San Lorenzo.

The pen is in acrylic, a deep blue with cracked shiny lighter specks inside the resin.

It's not easy to capture the reflections in a photo, and lighting was not good today, but the material does have some nice depth.

The name comes from a local festivity (San Lorenzo) which takes place on August 10th. In that period of the year (at least here in Europe) it's easier to see shooting stars, due to the particular annually recurring position in the sky of the Perseidis, a group of meteorites, which originate as debris from the Swift-Tuttle comet.

Notte di San Lorenzo (the night of Saint Laurence) is therefore the night in which the deep blue sky is lit up by shooting stars (hence the colour of the pen).

fpn_1563740840__p1180565-3_stipula_etrur

It is one of the new Stipula Etruria Gallicana series, a cheaper range in resin with converter.

There is one important tweak in mine, since I was lucky enough to have a spare 14k Stipula nib, which I immediately swapped in... :D

fpn_1563741595__p1180566-3_stipula_etrur

Size, weight and balance is similar to the Rainbow.

It's not exactly like holdling one of the celluloid pens... but still nice and comfortable as usual with all Etrurias.

It's already full with Waterman Florida Blue (yes, Florida, not Serenity, I had last few ml in the bottle and it seems to have concentrated to very dark, perfect for the pen...) and ready for the office tomorrow...

Great candy shot, RubenDh, of an hyperbolic trio of Etrurias... they are gorgeous when photographed together.

sansenri, your Gallicana is a beautiful pen. I was a bit skeptical, when the Gallicana series was introduced, by the lack of a ring on the cap, when the Etruria was used to have a splendid, three-dimensional, dye cast silver ring.

The Gallicana, however, is growing on me, as I now feel the line of this series absolutely sober, essential, and elegant.

Considering the quite outrageous price of a celluloid Gallicana, I guess that the models in resin are a really valid alternative. Enjoy your pen in good health.

Considering the quite outrageous price of a celluloid Gallicana, I guess that the models in resin are a really valid alternative.

Hint hint, it's for sale for a really nice price here: https://www.pengallery.com.my/stipula-etruria-gallicana-san-lorenzo-fountain-pen-with-t-flex-nib/

How do I know? Because I've been drooling over it for quite a while, and it's been in my basket ever since. :lticaptd:

I can imagine myself writing with it using a matching blue/black ink. Rohrer und Klingner Salix perhaps?

Thanks, again, sansenri for adding to this thread. I'd love to see this gallicana compared with some of your other Etrurias. I've read earlier that the galicana is a bit girthier and shorter?

Edited by RubenDh

Great candy shot, RubenDh, of an hyperbolic trio of Etrurias... they are gorgeous when photographed together.

sansenri, your Gallicana is a beautiful pen. I was a bit skeptical, when the Gallicana series was introduced, by the lack of a ring on the cap, when the Etruria was used to have a splendid, three-dimensional, dye cast silver ring.

The Gallicana, however, is growing on me, as I now feel the line of this series absolutely sober, essential, and elegant.

Considering the quite outrageous price of a celluloid Gallicana, I guess that the models in resin are a really valid alternative. Enjoy your pen in good health.

Edited by sansenri

sorry for the quotation without comments, tried to reply from my phone but got distracted by other matters (work...), and it does not allow me to edit except inside the quotation window (which would be silly...)

I agree that the Gallicana celluloids without the silver ring looks slightly poorer than the true Etruria. This Gallicana in resin would probably look out of place with the silver ring though. All in all these new Gallicana in resin are decent pens at a good price, and the clean look is not bad.

The shape is comfortable as usual. The San Lorenzo looks really nice and of what I have seen the Miele looks good too.

I'm just slightly upset that the celluloid Etrurias are likely to become more rare in future...

The San Lorenzo behaved well today at work, performance was as to be expected, and the Etruria comfort is there.

Looking at it I did sort of wish it was celluloid, but then again if it were I may not have taken it to the office so lightheartedly...

• 3 weeks later...

This is my first Stipula Etruria Volterra. I bought it just last month. The first picture is with my Olivetti typewriter; a beautiful Italian fountain pen with my favorite Italian typewriter.

post-26009-0-78173400-1565132070_thumb.jpg

post-26009-0-98445600-1565132085_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for posting this pen and reviewing it. It's a real stunner!

Here is a comparison picture between a Swisher pens LE ("cracked ice") and a 991 Etruria.

Kindly note that those pens are not mine but from a friend who I e-met through the #stipula hashtag on Instagram. That's the same person from whom I bought the Fiesole I shared earlier. Please do follow him there @mike_a_walker

5KJQtGK.jpg

I asked him if I could share this picture in particular because it's an interesting comparison:

- the resin of the Swisher (left) are more flakey, geometrical, smaller and more white

- the celluloid flakes of the 991 are more round, of random size and more earthy toned

I hope to add a 991 to my other Etrurias soon.

I am in favour of the 991 because I find the trim colour to better match the celluloid as there is more contrast with the material.

Which one do you guys favour?

Edited by RubenDh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

s4O2Uid.jpg

Crappy quality from my phone, yet good and interesting enough for my new profile picture :)

Very Etrurian, Ruben, very essentially Stipulean, very well done!

• 1 month later...

Congrats!! Too hard to resist this one... :thumbup:

an update is needed, since this Fiesole just got here today

(happy as Easter, although it's closer to Christmas...)

Congratulations, Sansenri!

What a beautiful pen this is. I hope you'll enjoy yours as much as I do enjoy mine. And that's a whole LOT! :)

Which nib do you have?

fpn_1574893323__fiesole_5.jpg

É veramente bellissima!