Stipula Etruria Photo Thread

fpupulin

38785785535_d785045532_z.jpg

39683396821_23f80ff900_z.jpg

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fpupulin

• sansenri

• como

• RubenDh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The thread is a great reminder of a classic pen :)

My personal favourite - the Stipula Etruria Blue Ocean :happyberet:

fpn_1554623104__stipula_etruria_blue_oce

✒️ :happyberet:

Great pen, one of the Etrurias I have been hunting since 13 years now :puddle: :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

How do you like the faceted version? Superior or inferior to the classic rounded shape? I haven't been lucky yet to try and hold a faceted one. Does it post?

The faceted version is only faceted on the barrel/cap, so holding the section feels similar to ordinary Etruria.

No it does not post if I recall, but then I never post, with very few exceptions in very small pens, and certainly would not try with such a big pen as an Etruria...

I like both version really.

Of the various pens inspired to the motif of the classic column, yours is in my opinion one the more interesting shapes. I think that a version of this pen in a lighter color would have been simply fantastic!

I agree, :) a "travertino" version would have looked good!

38785785535_d785045532_z.jpg

39683396821_23f80ff900_z.jpg

A great trio, George!

So, the third pen, if I understand, is the splendid Etruria 911. The first one is Amber celluloid, but not the classic Etruria, as the clip is quite different. Which model is yours? And the second one? Is it a classic in black?

Those dark blue celluloide are irresistible. Montegrappa was used to have one beautiful dark blue in its Extra, Miya, and Miya Argento series, but they are now gone... A great and rare Etruria you have! Edited by fpupulin

I guess I must like Etrurias too.

post-73460-0-95295800-1554686451_thumb.jpg

Technically, the next to the last pen on the right isn't an Etruria. It is a pen Stipula made with Impero celluloid for a now defunct Belgian luxury goods store, Mercury. It does have a Stipula branded nib. This model was originally made for Mercury by Tibaldi, but when they went under, Stipula made the rest of the limited run of 50. It behaves like an Etruria, anyway.

David

A great trio, George!

So, the third pen, if I understand, is the splendid Etruria 911. The first one is Amber celluloid, but not the classic Etruria, as the clip is quite different. Which model is yours? And the second one? Is it a classic in black?

From left to right and all of the three are mine. , First version of the Etruria Ambra dating from 1995/1997, second classic recent version of the Etruria in Black celluloid and the third of course the 991.

From left to right and all of the three are mine. , First version of the Etruria Ambra dating from 1995/1997, second classic recent version of the Etruria in Black celluloid and the third of course the 991.

Thank you, George!

Technically, the next to the last pen on the right isn't an Etruria. It is a pen Stipula made with Impero celluloid for a now defunct Belgian luxury goods store, Mercury. It does have a Stipula branded nib. This model was originally made for Mercury by Tibaldi, but when they went under, Stipula made the rest of the limited run of 50. It behaves like an Etruria, anyway.

David

Being from Belgium myself I didn't know about the Mercury version! Thanks for sharing. I adore your collection! Which is your favourite? ;)

Edited by RubenDh

attachicon.gif Etrurias.jpg

David

Great collection David!

I love the Mercury in Impero celluloid, I have that one too!! (I don't consider it an Etruria though...slightly different especially the section, although you are right these were made by Stipula)

fpn_1554758235__p1170371-3_stipula_for_m

attachicon.gif Etrurias.jpg

David

So, David, let me learn something from your collection about Etrurias and Stipulas...

The first one on the left has to be a Casa Mila, a great looking pen with that feeling of sand. The second is a faceted Etruria in a celluloid that seems very similar - if not exactly the same - to that used for the Volterra.

The third pen from the left is made with a Fiesole-type celluloid, but I have no idea at all about the model.

The fourth is again a Volterra-type, but I had never seen before those green trims. What are they made of? What’s the name of this model?

Fifth: another Volterra type Etruria, faceted. Sixth, a beautiful Etruria Ambrosia.

Last on the right, a spectacular Etruria Gaudi Casa Batllo: a penna bit over the top for normal use (just my tastes), but absolutely glorious!

And then, that gorgeous Impero... Etruria or not, even Stipula or not, it is simply and sparklingly beautiful!

A great collection you have!

Being from Belgium myself I didn't know about the Mercury version! Thanks for sharing. I adore your collection! Which is your favourite? ;)

I really can't say which is my favorite. Each has its unique virtues in terms of aesthetics and how it writes.

David

So, David, let me learn something from your collection about Etrurias and Stipulas...

The first one on the left has to be a Casa Mila, a great looking pen with that feeling of sand. The second is a faceted Etruria in a celluloid that seems very similar - if not exactly the same - to that used for the Volterra.

The third pen from the left is made with a Fiesole-type celluloid, but I have no idea at all about the model.

The fourth is again a Volterra-type, but I had never seen before those green trims. What are they made of? What’s the name of this model?

Fifth: another Volterra type Etruria, faceted. Sixth, a beautiful Etruria Ambrosia.

Last on the right, a spectacular Etruria Gaudi Casa Batllo: a penna bit over the top for normal use (just my tastes), but absolutely glorious!

And then, that gorgeous Impero... Etruria or not, even Stipula or not, it is simply and sparklingly beautiful!

A great collection you have!

From Left to Right:

- The Casa Mila, as you say. This is one of the piston versions.

- A facetted Etruria in Rosa Verde celluloid.

- An Etruria with the Casa Mila hardware but in what Bryant Greer called "Champagne" celluloid.

- Another in the Etruria de Arcitectura series. The "Leon Battista Alberti," also in Rosa Verde.

- Another Facetted Etruria, also in the lovely "champagne" material.

- Etruria in Ambrosia

- The Stipula for Mercury "Francois des Trixhes" in Tibaldi Impero.

- Etruria de Arcitectura "Casa Batllò" in black resin. It is Gaudi and gaudy, but it has the nicest, crisp italic nib!

David

From Left to Right:

- The Casa Mila, as you say. This is one of the piston

- A facetted Etruria in Rosa Verde

- An Etruria with the Casa Mila hardware but in what Bryant Greer called "Champagne" celluloid.

- Another in the Etruria de Arcitectura series. The "Leon Battista Alberti," also in Rosa Verde.

- Another Facetted Etruria, also in the lovely "champagne" material.

- Etruria in Ambrosia

- The Stipula for Mercury "Francois des Trixhes" in Tibaldi Impero.

- Etruria de Arcitectura "Casa Batllò" in black resin. It is Gaudi and gaudy, but it has the nicest, crisp italic nib!

David

Thank you, David!

Do you know Ifigenia the Rosa Verde celluloid is the same used on the Volterra? And do you find that your Chatterley’s “Champagne” is the same celluloid as the one of the Fiesole?

I also like crisp italic nibs a lot!

one more, an Etruria Alter Ego in its boxfpn_1555016217__stipulaetruriaalterego3.

BELLA! Beautiful the Alter Ego, with that unique color so different from any other celluloids!

Quite a number of Etrurias your have...