How Many Bottles Of Ink In Your Collection?

DilettanteG

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DilettanteG

• A Smug Dill

• TSherbs

• bemon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've happily lost count but I have 3-4 large plastic storage boxes full of inks (inc. samples and extra bottles of favourite colours); the problem is all the new colours that keep coming out :lticaptd:

Al

I'm on 127 bottles, plus a few on order

https://www.fountainpencompanion.com/users/804

Plenty of ink for a lifetime, but somehow my wishlist keeps growing..

Ain't that the truth....

I'm currently mentally trying to justify some of the new Lamy Crystal line. Even though I have 5 or 6 year old ink samples that have never been opened....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

83 Bottles of Ink

74 Different Colors

Akkerman #5 Shocking Blue

CARAN d’ACHE Caribbean Sea

Colorverse Kepler’s Laws red

Colorverse Quasar blue

Conway Stewart St. Blazey Red

De Atramentis Vanilletinte Vanilla Scented Brown

Delta MOMO black

Diamine Ancient Copper

Diamine Aqua Blue 30 ml

Diamine Bilberry Blue

Diamine Blue Lightning Shimmering

Diamine Blue Velvet

Diamine Brandy Dazzle Shimmering

Diamine Chocolate Brown

Diamine Dark Brown

Diamine Gray

Diamine Majestic Blue

Diamine Marine Blue Green

Diamine Mediterranean Blue (2 Bottles and 30ml bottle)

Diamine Presidential Blue

Diamine Sapphire Blue

Diamine Soft Mint Green

Diamine Twilight

Diamine Wild Strawberry 30 ml

Iroshizuku (Pilot) fuyu-syogun gray Old Man Winter

Iroshizuku (Pilot) kon-peki blue

Iroshizuku (Pilot) tsukushi Horsetail brown

J. Herbin Blue Ocean

J. Herbin Stormy Grey

Kobe Seaside Blue #44

Lamy LE Orange

Levenger Cobalt Blue

Levenger Skies of Blue

Levenger Fireball

Levenger Always Greener

Levenger Smokey

Levenger Blue Bahama

Mont Blanc Love Letter Rose Scent Red

Mont Blanc Seasons Greetings Holiday Scent Brown (2 Bottles)

Mont Blanc Seasons Greetings Vanilla Scent Red

Mont Blanc Seasons Greetings White Forrest Pine Scent Green

Monteverde Copper Noir orange

Noodlers Bankers Tan

Noodlers Bay State Blue

Noodlers Black Swan in Australian Roses

Noodlers FPN Dumas Tulipe Noire (3 Bottles)

Noodlers FPN Galileo Manuscript Brown (2 Bottles)

Noodlers FPN Voltaire Candide Vermilion

Noodlers Eternal Black

Noodlers Blue Steel

Noodlers Burgundy Red

Noodlers Chisholm Trail brown

Noodlers Legal Lapis Blue (2 Bottles)

Noodlers Tanned Armadillo

Noodlers Texas Pecan

Noodlers Tiananmen Red

Noodlers Turquoise Blue

Noodlers USS Texas Battleship Gray

Oscarson Purple

Parker Penman Mocha Brown

Parker Penman Sapphire Blue (2 Bottles)

Parker Quink Blue-Black (2 bottles)

Parker Quink Black

Private Reserve 2004 DC Supershow Blue

Private Reserve Black Magic Blue

Private Reserve Plum

Sheaffer Skrip Black (2 Bottles)

Sheaffer Skrip Purple

Visconti Bordeaux

Wahl-Eversharp Wahlberry Blue

Waterman South Sea Blue

Waterman Florida Blue

Waterman Havana Brown

Waterman Purple

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Ain't that the truth....

I'm currently mentally trying to justify some of the new Lamy Crystal line. Even though I have 5 or 6 year old ink samples that have never been opened....

So much this. I was about to order a dozen of the small bottles of the Pilot Iroshuzuki inks when I realized I already had 11 very generous glass vials of it from a very kind FPNer. Ended up just getting the Yama-budo and Ku-jaku in the 50ml size instead. I dont need any more inks that I fill a pen from once and never touch again.

I also read a review that said the smaller bottles have annoyingly narrow openings for larger nibs. The larger bottles seem pretty universally praised and they look so pretty...

Edited by DilettanteG

~65. Enough to cover every color out there, and many shades within most of them. No desire for more really unless something out of the ordinary appears, working on getting through what I have, as my waitlist of inks I need to use again keeps growing in my mind. Small enough perhaps, that I don't have any charts, graphs, or swatches of my collection to keep track of what I have. I tend to remember what each ink looks like pretty well to know if it will work for the writing I intend it for...

Edited by JakobS

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

Ain't that the truth....

Maybe try a challenge; for every sample (or two) you swatch, you're allowing yourself to add one bottle to the shopping cart 🙂

I personally have tried Lamy Agate, Beryl, Peridot and Obsidian. I love the first three, the latter I need to try in another pen first. Love the color (appears jet black, but has some blue undertones) but it feel scratchy in my eco stub nib. I'm suspecting the nib, though.

Beryl is very close to Noodler's eel cactus fruit, though, so if you have that one, you probably won't need the other.

I forgot, I've used azurite, too. A lovely blurple, quite similar to Diamine bilberry 🙂💜 A tad more purple, with a green sheen instead of gold

Edited by uceroy

20 bottles of various brands, including Noodlers, Parker, and Sheaffer, plus around 30 sample vials.

I think I have about 10 so far and a load more sample vials. I'm also giving samples from all my bottles to various friends I'm in the process of penabling!

Maybe try a challenge; for every sample (or two) you swatch, you're allowing yourself to add one bottle to the shopping cart

I personally have tried Lamy Agate, Beryl, Peridot and Obsidian. I love the first three, the latter I need to try in another pen first. Love the color (appears jet black, but has some blue undertones) but it feel scratchy in my eco stub nib. I'm suspecting the nib, though.

Beryl is very close to Noodler's eel cactus fruit, though, so if you have that one, you probably won't need the other.

I forgot, I've used azurite, too. A lovely blurple, quite similar to Diamine bilberry A tad more purple, with a green sheen instead of gold

I do that when I have too many pens in rotation to be manageable: nothing gets inked until at least two pens get empties and flushed.

I got to test all ten of the Lamy Crystal colors at Christmastime. But at the moment I'm trying to be good about not buying more ink. At least not TOO much more ink (I keep finding vintage inks in antiques stores).

Liked the look of Agate, but it seemed a little light. Absolutely loved Azurite and Benitoite; rather liked Beryl and Rhodonite. The brown one (I forget what that one is called) was nice, but reminded me a little of Edelstein Smoky Quartz, which I have. Didn't like or dislike Peridot -- but I'm picky about greens. Obsidian was okay. But I have too much black ink already, in that I barely use it. The other two were either unmemorable, or colors I don't like to begin with.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Maybe try a challenge; for every sample (or two) you swatch, you're allowing yourself to add one bottle to the shopping cart

I forgot, I've used azurite, too. A lovely blurple, quite similar to Diamine bilberry A tad more purple, with a green sheen instead of gold

My ratio of ink samples to purchased full bottles of ink is way more than 2:1. And oddly, I didn't buy samples of many of the bottles I purchased.

My ratio of ink samples to purchased full bottles of ink is way more than 2:1. And oddly, I didn't buy samples of many of the bottles I purchased.

Mine is about 1:1, but if ink samples had been a thing when I started collecting I think Id have a much better curated collection.

Im feeling conflicted about selling off my collection. Maybe I should start smaller, like no more buying inks I havent sampled first.

Edited by DilettanteG

Mine is about 1:1, but if ink samples had been a thing when I started collecting I think Id have a much better curated collection.

Im feeling conflicted about selling off my collection. Maybe I should start smaller, like no more buying inks I havent sampled first.

Many of my recent purchases I bought while traveling and in an effort to support local pen shops so I don't get opportunities to really sample. I've ended up with a couple I don't care for but am largely happy with my purchases.

Many of my recent purchases I bought while traveling and in an effort to support local pen shops so I don't get opportunities to really sample. I've ended up with a couple I don't care for but am largely happy with my purchases.

That sounds delightful. I live in the country and cant remember a time I saw an actual pen shop. I seem to purchase everything online except groceries and hay. Ive nearly forgotten how luxurious it is to go and physically browse for things. Where are these mythical pen stores of which you speak? Edited by DilettanteG

My ratio of ink samples to purchased full bottles of ink is way more than 2:1.

Mine is nil (other than sample vials I've filled myself from retail bottles I bought).

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.