• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bbs

• inkstainedruth

• Green Ink

• 1nkulus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I couldn't resist any longer, so just preordered when I got an email with a good price. I mean, I collect purple pens, so how could I resist this one!

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Ask me about my purple pen addiction.

I like purple pens a lot but sadly just like the white-turquoise and white-pink M600s this one has zero transparency and no ink window. That’s a deal breaker for me, even though it’s a lovely looking pen. I hope they go back to the white-transparent style of stripes for the next M600 releases as that is the only one of the four I have, though I’d also go for an M600 white-Tortoise if I could find one.

Gobblecup ~

I like purple pens a lot but sadly just like the white-turquoise and white-pink M600s this one has zero transparency and no ink window. That’s a deal breaker for me, even though it’s a lovely looking pen. I hope they go back to the white-transparent style of stripes for the next M600 releases as that is the only one of the four I have, though I’d also go for an M600 white-Tortoise if I could find one.

Thanks for posting this. I was about to preorder, but no ink window is a deal breaker for me, too.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the turquoise. When I'm holding it against a strong desk light or the sun, I can see the ink level, although it's not that transparent as the classic versions.

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

• 1 month later...

Mine arrived a couple of days ago. It's pretty! If you liked the Pink, I think you'll like this one. As far as I can recall from seeing a Pink, the stripes on the Violet are more uniform in colour. It's quite pale and quite pinky, more what I'd call lilac. The white blends nicely with it. I've inked it with Pelikan 4001 Violet rather than Edelstein Amethyst.

post-23341-0-17036900-1558790487_thumb.jpg

post-23341-0-90346700-1558790550_thumb.jpg

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Oh yes, this one I will buy. I just bought the white and turquoise one so I need this one as well. ...

Just saw this thread. This line cracks me up. :)

Thanks for posting the pics bbs. I had been wondering how light/dark the purple binde would actually end up being, given how much darker the M405 Anthracite Stresseman ended up being after seeing all the promo shots Pelikan released.

Sigh. Still want one. Not sure I can afford it, but boy do I want one....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Good luck, Ruth! I think one of the biggest European sellers 'sold out' of pre-orders - I couldn't order one when I tried, anyway. I got mine from Pen Box, who had a good price - you shouldn't have to pay VAT either....

I missed out on the Pink, didn't want to miss this one (which I prefer anyway), but don't want to be an evil enabler. Just trying to help decision-making

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

I ordered one. Not many opportunities to get a purple Pelikan. Gosh, that’s fun to say.

I ordered one. Not many opportunities to get a purple Pelikan. Gosh, that’s fun to say.

Definitely not part of the usual palette for the company, that’s for sure. I wish models like this success in the hopes we might see more color introduced to their other lines.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Bbs, thanks for your great photos. Ive always liked your horse icon. Sargetalon, exactly!

Thanks, Green Ink - hope you enjoy your Violet and White when it arrives!

My mare was called Estrela, Portuguese for 'star', the marking on her forehead. The white you can just see on her nose was caused by scarring when a previous owner used a spiked bridle on her. She had amazing generosity to trust humans again after that and other bad experiences. I was very privileged to know her.

And back to discussing pens .... 😄

Edited by bbs

The violet and gold color combo is really beautiful. Too bad I dont use much purple inks to justify a pen. It is hard to imagine inking it with blue, green, or brown. Even the black swan looks strange with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had to order this one after my wife and I welcomed our first child (daughter named Violet) back in February!

My first Pelikan too - looking forward to receiving it.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to call back a dead thread, but I recently found one for a bargain price I could not resist... I also have given into the turquoise model. Granted no ink window is less pleasing to me, however, I have noted transparency enough to see the level of ink against a light. It suffices. Thankfully, Pelikan uses rather beautiful mildly transparent materials on such stunning pens!

Gobblecup ~