• Gobblecup

• sirgilbert357

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh. Oh MY.... :puddle:

WAAANT! Must HAAAAVE!

Probably can't afford.... :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I presume it will look quite different in real. As it was the same with the pink one which turned out to be much darker (and duller) than on the official pictures.

At least it's a very unusual colour. I haven't seen many violet fountain pens so far.

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

Yes, I ran into that with the M405 Anthracite Stresemann. It was a much darker grey than the publicity photos suggested. I had been hoping for a lighter grey. I still very much like the pen (I had better -- it's the most expensive pen I ever bought!) -- but I find myself reaching for the M405 Striated Blue more often. I went to extremes with those pens (and not just being more expensive by far than anything else I've ever gotten): the Anthracite I got with a B nib (I couldn't get the completely correct rhodium plated one, but that's okay) and the Blue has an EF nib.

I'll bet when my friend Karl sees it he'll be putting in a pre-order almost immediately. Just because purple.... :rolleyes:

And of course I had just convinced my husband that I really needed a Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Purple Cosmos, and found a good deal online (and it wasn't exactly cheap, even then). And then along came this, today, with the Purple Cosmos in transit from the UK.... :wallbash: Completely beyond what I can afford. I thought the prices were bad on the Pink from a few years ago (of course now they're through the roof.... :yikes:). And I rather liked the Turquoise from last year (the White Transparent never grabbed me). But this. Oh my.... :puddle:

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Meh, it's ok, I guess. I was sorely tempted by the turquoise but what ultimately saved me (well, aside of being unemployed) was it being a 600. Now, it these came in a 400 size ...

Edited by chromantic

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

I'm not a fan of purple (phew!!) but I have to say it looks lovely. They really nailed the color imo. I do hope they do more transparent stripes once again for M600s or an interesting marbled finish like the Green o'green, as that's what I love about Pelikans! I don't know how many candy-colored Pelikans I can support in my flock ;)

I have nothing against this pen but I'm more interested to see what M800s Pelikan releases this year.

I resisted the turquoise one and barely resisted the white one (still thinking about it), but I think this one is gonna be my big purchase of the year! It looks so good - I already imagine it inked with Herbin's Poussière de Lune. <3

Still too violet for my taste.

OTOH, I prefer M800/1000. Let us see what variation the M800 has for this year.

I already imagine it inked with Herbin's Poussière de Lune. <3

+1

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

The promotional picture does not reflect reality, but based on it the pen is not that different from the pink one above. So no go for me.

Oh yes, this one I will buy. I just bought the white and turquoise one so I need this one as well. I also really want the pink one, but they are not to be found (on eBay there are some but I’m not willing to pay $ 1,000 for this pen).

I read on the website of a Dutch store that they expect the pen to be sold out upon pre-order. I am still doubting whether I will already order it or whether I will wait until the price drops.

Probably wiser to order the pen in advance, otherwise I will only regret it later.

I feel like Pelikan set a pretty high bar with the multi-faceted, complex appearance of the tortoiseshell stripes on white and brown versions, so the comparatively simple green, blue, gray, purple, etc. stripes seem rather plain and lacking to me. Im super happy with my recently obtained M800 Stone Garden, which has that depth and complexity (while still being on the subtle side) I appreciate in tortoiseshell models.

I saw a white stripe M600 in person last week, and it didnt impress me at all. Its for the best, as I dont have much money to spend on multiple models ;)

Edited by Intensity

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

I didn't act quickly enough on the pink, which grew on me, and haven't felt drawn enough to the turquoise or white. This one, though, is probably going to have to be pre-ordered - I'm not sure about risking it being sold out.

What's the limit - number in this edition or time on sale?

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Yes, I ran into that with the M405 Anthracite Stresemann. It was a much darker grey than the publicity photos suggested. I had been hoping for a lighter grey. I still very much like the pen (I had better -- it's the most expensive pen I ever bought!) -- but I find myself reaching for the M405 Striated Blue more often. I went to extremes with those pens (and not just being more expensive by far than anything else I've ever gotten): the Anthracite I got with a B nib (I couldn't get the completely correct rhodium plated one, but that's okay) and the Blue has an EF nib.

I'll bet when my friend Karl sees it he'll be putting in a pre-order almost immediately. Just because purple.... :rolleyes:

And of course I had just convinced my husband that I really needed a Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Purple Cosmos, and found a good deal online (and it wasn't exactly cheap, even then). And then along came this, today, with the Purple Cosmos in transit from the UK.... :wallbash: Completely beyond what I can afford. I thought the prices were bad on the Pink from a few years ago (of course now they're through the roof.... :yikes:). And I rather liked the Turquoise from last year (the White Transparent never grabbed me). But this. Oh my.... :puddle:

Might be a good time to consolidate? Lol. Sell a handful to fund the purchase of one...

I have nothing against this pen but I'm more interested to see what M800s Pelikan releases this year.

Agreed. And with it being almost mid April, I'm getting impatient. I've already decided I want a Pilot Custom 823...but I'm waiting to see the M800 release before deciding which pen to buy next. The 823 isn't going anywhere, so it can be deprioritized if needed...

Pix when you get it! I want to know how closely the promo photos match the actual color (although if it ends up being really dark, the way the Stresemann was compared to Pelikan's "glamor shots", that would still be a good thing...).

@sirgilbert357 -- But, but, that would mean SELLING something.... Making it go away! I'm not sure I'm up to that point yet.... :huh: Okay, there are a couple I will clearly let go of at some point (don't need TWO Cedar Blue 51 Vacs, after all -- it's just that both were such great deals to begin with...). But I'm not sure I'm at that point yet. And I'm not sure I could sell enough FOR enough to be able to afford the Violet M600.... :(

And I'm not sure I could sell enough FOR enough to be able to afford the Violet M600.... sad.png

Meeting halfway wouldn't be bad, provided you really want/like the M600.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Move guys, make some place on the perch for a new boy (girl?)

http://gakko.pl/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/MG_3723-1024x682.jpg

Oh, they look lovely together! I'm sure that purple will fit in nicely. I love purple, LOVE purple, but I can't justify this cost.

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway