The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

The Many Faces Of Sailor Nano Sei-Boku

sailor

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 by_a_Lady

by_a_Lady

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:58

So sorry for letting this project hang! "Uni stuff" is becoming my standard excuse, to the point where I myself wish something else would put me under stress for a change.

Different papers and pens/nibs would indeed be interesting for this little inksperiment! I can offer Tomoe River 52g/m², Rhodia, something called "Life Writing Paper Bank Paper" (?), leftovers of Clairefontaine Triomphe, paper from spiralbound Clairefontaine notebooks, smooth but bad paper from Rhodiarama notebooks, Midori MD notebook paper, Oxford Optik paper, Austrian school paper (which is actually not that bad with königsblau, as there's a tradition for fountain pens here), and of course regular garbage copy paper. Add to that a selection of pens and nibs, but I'll only be using those that I know to really showcase different extremes of the ink, so as not to exceed postage.

Perhaps we should agree on a selection of, say, five or so papers covering the most common types and brands. I'm all for writing on both sides of the paper, but I understand that some people aren't, so I'd say let's decide this by vote and/or most sensible argument.

Since there's currently six people interested in participating (flyingpenman, Tas, amberleadavis, Caeruleum, pepsiplease69 and myself), I propose dividing the pages in thirds so that everyone has an equal amount of space and can use as many different pens/nibs as they wish.

For the "dummy text" I propose the first chapter of Pride and Prejudice (sans paragraphs, to save space), since it's easily accessible in PDF format, neither religious nor political nor otherwise adherent to any ideology, and also just overall a nice piece of literature. Hope everyone is okay with that.

And for last, it would be handy if we could decide on an order, especially because the last participant will have the task of scanning the fruits of our collective labour and ideally colour-correct them if they can. I, for one, have to admit that I have absolutely no idea how to do that, but I'd be happy to be the last person nevertheless if no one else steps forward.

Did I forget anything?

Dominique

Edited by by_a_Lady, 23 July 2019 - 12:56.

Snail Mail

(fluent in SK, CZ, DE, EN

currently learning EO, JP, NL)

Sponsored Content

#22 Caeruleum

Caeruleum

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:26

Did I forget anything?[/size]

Dominique

I don't think so.
Maybe we can create a group message to also further plan the order of shipment to save distance and time?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor

Sponsored Content

|