Safari 2019 Pastel Edition

chravagni

I just stopped by the Lamy San Francisco store to see them in person. They have green and blue in stock but not pink yet. Also, only medium nibs are in stock but the salesperson offered to do a nib exchange. I walked out with a blue pastel in medium nib.

The blue looks like what is pictured in the ads, but I was underwhelmed by the green. First, it is too pale and second it has too much of a yellow undertone. In store I compared it to Lamy's advertising (print and video, they had both) and the green is indeed paler and more yellow than the ads depict. The photos in this thread do a better job of conveying the real-life color than the ads.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1nkulus

• Sal the List Maker

• Glenn-SC

• dennis_f

Finally arrived! Lovely pens: the Blue is the winner and Pink runs last. However....love all three.post-37871-0-44715500-1555636734_thumb.jpegpost-37871-0-31685300-1555636773_thumb.jpeg

Finally arrived! Lovely pens: the Blue is the winner and Pink runs last. However....love all three. 639CC4FB-11C0-479F-8950-575006289229.jpeg 4BF0AEBF-62E8-4D4F-9554-B25E0A145167.jpeg

Congrats! LoveloveLOVE your photos! Thanks for sharing. My favourite is the blue, too, however the green is last but I adore all three!

Enjoy in good health!

Congrats! LoveloveLOVE your photos! Thanks for sharing. My favourite is the blue, too, however the green is last but I adore all three!

Enjoy in good health!

Thank you, Sal.

I really like the blue one, green looks a little too pale. Pink isn't my color at all, but surprisingly I kinda like it.

Having said that, I might not get any of them as I already have too many pens :unsure:

Sorry to interrupt but am I the only one to be intrigued by the announcement at 8:15 on the video of "a pen that we all own" in a new color? Could it be ... finally ... the L2K in color?!?!

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

It could be the case, but I am not getting my hopes up. I would rather be surprised than disappointed. biggrin.png

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

It could be the case, but I am not getting my hopes up. I would rather be surprised than disappointed. biggrin.png

😂True

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

True

Well, that revelation didn't take long.

I had a sinking feeling it would be the Safari and, voila, Lamy has not disappointed with a genuine attempt at an eyesore. yikes.gif

Edited by 1nkulus

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Hi all,

I just don't know which way to turn...

https://youtu.be/VV1XWJN3nJo

I'm torn between just getting the blue one... which I like the most... and just getting all three because I do collect these and it would be nice to have the full set... even though I'm not ape for shades of green and pink I'm seeing in the non-dealer pics above. :unsure:

Be well. :)

- Anthony

Hi all,

https://youtu.be/VV1XWJN3nJo

I'm torn between just getting the blue one... which I like the most... and just getting all three because I do collect these and it would be nice to have the full set... even though I'm not ape for shades of green and pink I'm seeing in the non-dealer pics above. :unsure:

Be well. :)

- Anthony

You could sell them later - they ARE SEs after all, someone will want them at some point in the future. Unless like me you have your name engraved on the barrel, and then you're stuck with them.for LYFE. Lol. Edited by Sal the List Maker

Hi all,

I'm torn between just getting the blue one... which I like the most... and just getting all three because I do collect these and it would be nice to have the full set... even though I'm not ape for shades of green and pink I'm seeing in the non-dealer pics above. unsure.png

I'd compromise and just go with one, the blue.

You still land up with something from the collection without the unwanted clutter.

Engineer :

Collecting is already clutter-ous LOL

Yes if you don't use them they would be wasteful, so get the one you like best.

Hi Sal, 1nkulus, et al,

I did get the blue one today... I want to see how it's color compares to the photos... then I'll decide on the other two... I don't think these will fly off the shelves, so I figure I have some time to mull it over. :)

Be well all and have a Blessed Easter Season. :)

- Anthony

Mine arrived today.

I like them all, but wish the pink and blue looked more like the on-line photos.

They are more "faded" than in photos (or is it my screen?).

They are true iced colors, like somebody took the white Safari and mixed a drop of the Pink Safari, for the rose; a drop of the Aquamarine LE, for the blue Safari and a drop of one the warm green Safari, for the mint.

The Rose and Blue match beautifully with Herbin inks.

I do wish that Lamy had made an iced mauve or purple instead of the green because there are already so many Safari in the green family, and only one purple.

A light spring mauve would have been easy to find using, as an inspiration, Spring light purple colors traditionally found on everything from clothing to dinnerware.

Lamy should have used the example of the fast selling Dark Lilac ink and Safari pens as benchmark.

Edited by Anne-Sophie

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

Hi all,

Here are mine... the blue macaroon, (far left), looks more like "mint green" than the supposed mint green one does... :D

http://i.imgur.com/ByF8kdW.jpg

- Anthony

Edited to indicate blue pen.

Edited by ParkerDuofold

I have just looked at these. Very weak & washed out. I think the point of the Safari has been bold & attractive colours. Certainly something that the copyists have seized onto enthusiastically.

So what about a Safari with streaks of colour?

Kanwrite and Airmail have already done it, but why not a Safari or a Nexx in the same vein (literally).