The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Identify This Waterman Model ?

waterman identify 70s 80s metal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 InkPartout

InkPartout

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2019 - 16:20

Reposted from an old topic:

Maybe this entry deserves a new topic (if I don't get an answer, I'm going to do that: or would someone do that for me or move it to a better place if they think it would be better), but I'm just to use the same title, "Help Identifying Waterman Pens"...

I don't have, but want acquire, a particular model of Waterman fountain pen, well, technically it was a cartridge pen becauase it didn't come with bottle filler. This model was extant in the very late seventies or early eighties, although it could have been made outside that period as well. The one I had was a silver coloured smooth metal (stainless steel).

I have included a picture of what remember is an identical model (except the picture is of a bottle-filler).

The features I would point out are i) the almost cylindrical shape of the capped pen, squarely cut at the cap end, and barrel slightly tapering toward the end ii) the characteristic 'W' shape of the ink flow assembly where the nib is seen to enter the pen (not clear from the picture, unless it is magnified up).

Can anyone ID this model ? It might finding another easier if I had a name.

InkPartout
28.March.2019

31.March.2019

Attached Images

• WatermanFP-LikeLost_04.jpg
  • WatermanFP-LikeLost_03.jpg
  • WatermanFP-LikeLost_05.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 April 2019 - 00:05

Reposted from an old topic:

Maybe this entry deserves a new topic (if I don't get an answer, I'm going to do that: or would someone do that for me or move it to a better place if they think it would be better), but I'm just to use the same title, "Help Identifying Waterman Pens"...

I don't have, but want acquire, a particular model of Waterman fountain pen, well, technically it was a cartridge pen becauase it didn't come with bottle filler. This model was extant in the very late seventies or early eighties, although it could have been made outside that period as well. The one I had was a silver coloured smooth metal (stainless steel).

I have included a picture of what remember is an identical model (except the picture is of a bottle-filler).

The features I would point out are i) the almost cylindrical shape of the capped pen, squarely cut at the cap end, and barrel slightly tapering toward the end ii) the characteristic 'W' shape of the ink flow assembly where the nib is seen to enter the pen (not clear from the picture, unless it is magnified up).

Can anyone ID this model ? It might finding another easier if I had a name.

InkPartout
28.March.2019

31.March.2019

Locking this, I just split your other post off and answered in it.

~

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: waterman, identify, 70s, 80s, metal

Sponsored Content

|