The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pineider Avatar Ur Review: A “Pen-Eider” Recommend? Let’S See...

pineider avatar ur ultraresin magnet bronze bock

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 TheDutchGuy

TheDutchGuy

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2019 - 16:06

So how is the pen holding up almost two months later?

In a nutshell: excellent. Not a scratch on the barrel. Not a scratch on the section. Cap still fits securely (my little wood glue mod is holding up). Ink flow is consistent and generous. Nib is very nice, making me forget what it is made of. No, it isn’t as feathery as my Leonardo nibs, but it’s a very good nib that is far superior to the nib in the Visconti van Gogh and even to some gold nibs in my small collection. One drawback: the cap seal could’ve been better; after a day or two of non-use, the ink will have dried on the nib. One quick wipe with a paper towel and it’s fixed, but that shouldn’t be necesary. I can still very much recommend this pen, but obviously I’ve got only one pen and that’s not much to base statistics on :-) .

Sponsored Content

#22 TheLostOne

TheLostOne

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2019 - 21:27

Ink flow is consistent and generous. Nib is very nice, making me forget what it is made of. No, it isn’t as feathery as my Leonardo nibs, but it’s a very good nib that is far superior to the nib in the Visconti van Gogh and even to some gold nibs in my small collection. One drawback: the cap seal could’ve been better; after a day or two of non-use, the ink will have dried on the nib.

That sounds like an amazing nib!

#23 LuckyKate

LuckyKate

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 June 2019 - 02:22

I just got this pen in abalone green.  It is beautiful, and the nib is spectacular. Also the cap on mine doesn't rattle at all.

#24 jameswatts

jameswatts

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:01

I have the Neptune Blue. Yes, the cap can spin but everything else about this pen is great. The section is not slippery at all -- and this is after a week of using to draft a new novel during a writers retreat. I'm impressed.

#25 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,763 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:41

I think what they can do is to engineer a c-clip that would enable to lock the magnet in place

I would have yet to find a Italian pen that speaks to me or perhaps its because their barrier of entry is steep

Edited by Algester, 08 June 2019 - 05:44.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pineider, avatar, ur, ultraresin, magnet, bronze, bock

Sponsored Content

|