The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Faber Castell Basic Carbon Fiber - Very Easily Prone To Cracking?

faber castell basic carbon fiber dodgy plastic?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Axe7man

Axe7man

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 March 2019 - 15:39

Hello wonderful people of FPN,

I have a question concerning the Faber Castell Basic carbon fiber finish. I panic bought (never a good thing) one of these recently at a bargain price (couldn't resist) and I'm wondering what to expect.

The pen itself looks to be in super condition, only dip tested by seller and has an extra fine nib and I was excited about receiving it.

However, after some browsing research, I think it's fair to say I have found more negative reviews than positive. Mostly due to the section or barrel threads snapping easily (on the carbon fiber edition especially). This is disappointing considering Faber Castell claim to pride themselves on excellence.

Although, alot of these reviews are 3+ years old, maybe it was to do with a defective older batch? I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experience with the same pen and if it was positive?

I'm not too concerned, considering I really didn't pay much but should I be worried about receiving a pen that might break easily?

Thanks all!

Edited by Axe7man, 25 March 2019 - 15:41.

Sponsored Content

#2 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,918 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 March 2019 - 16:29

Don't bring the future, especially a gloomy one, to your present day :)

What's done is done. Sit back, relax. I'm sure the pen will be fine and you will be very happy. If it isn't cross that bridge then, not now :) :)

(They're fabulous pens that punch way above their weight / price)

#3 Axe7man

Axe7man

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 March 2019 - 17:21

Hi Graphophile,

That's a good way to look at it! I'm not too fussed, but I was just curious about the model.

But, like you say I think I'll stick to the present!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: faber castell, basic carbon fiber, dodgy plastic?

Sponsored Content

|