Parker Duofold Centennial Photo Thread

PenHero

Hi, Folks,

I've had the pleasure of photographing a lot of these pens and wanted to start a thread on them. I may re-post some earlier photos to round things out. I'll start with this one. Let's see as many as we can post!

This is a Parker Duofold Centennial in Marbled Maroon c. 1987-1988, made in the UK. This 5 5/16 inch long cartridge / converter filling pen has the shorter, flatter clip of the first production pens. Though production started in 1987, the new Duofold was intended to mark the 100th anniversary of Parker, which would be in 1988. The first colors offered were Black, Marbled Maroon and Marbled Blue. The firm two-tone 18 karat gold nib uses a version of the Vacumatic arrow design and is stamped PARKER over 18K 750.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/ParkerDuofoldMarbledMaroon_1280_10.jpg

Thanks!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Glenn-SC

• sansenri

• Heinkle

• thx1138

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for sharing. The MK-1Parker Duofold Centennials and Internationals are among my favorite pens. They handle and write beautifully.

OMG - I had to check my pen case to make sure mine was still there and it didn't end up in North Carolina. I do love that pen and I have the matching pencil

Love them! Here's my collection. My favorites are the True Blue (right in the middle) and the Greenwich (far right).

http://www.fototime.com/%7B7A6BE3FB-47C1-4AAB-9AFC-EAA1929AF823%7D/origpict/d1.png

My Mk3 P&B Centennial. IIRC date code indicates 1st quarter 2007. (My P&B International has the same date code, but in the nib exchange Parker only had a banner BI available, so the Mk3 pen has a Mk2 nib.)

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx356/richardandtracy/ParkerDuofoldsmallv3.jpg

Photo taken by a friend of mine.

I love the pearl & black with its #95 BI nib, but after loosing it in the snow when we went out for a family walk, it's never leaving the house again and I use my almost identical Kaigelu 316's instead. Fortunately I walked the exact route of our walk just after dawn the next day after losing it, and found my Duofold beautifully displayed on a lump of melting snow. That's why my K316's get so much use, and the P&B Centennial so little.

Pealescent Black (as found in the K316) would be a fantastic colour for Parker to produce.

Regards,

Richard.

OK. Here's my collection of Centennials. The short ones are the Cap-Actuated Ballpoints of which only 4 versions were made. According to Parkercollectors.com the green one isn't listed, but here it is. I loved them all and use them.

post-106519-0-56347700-1553525168_thumb.jpg

Hi, Folks,

This is a Parker Duofold Centennial in Jade Green c. 1996-2001, made in the UK. This 5 3/8 inch long cartridge / converter filling pen was introduced as part of the Duofold redesign in 1996 with more tapered ends and a shorter barrel end cap. The cap top has the Duofold banner ornament. The two cap bands were now the same size and thicker than the previous version. New colors introduced were Lapis Lazuli Blue, Red Jasper, Jade Green and Black and Pearl. The firm two-tone 18 karat gold nib uses a new banner style arrow design and is stamped DUOFOLD over PARKER over 18K 750.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/ParkerDuofoldJadeGreen_1280_03a.jpg

Thanks!

My Mk3 P&B Centennial. IIRC date code indicates 1st quarter 2007. (My P&B International has the same date code, but in the nib exchange Parker only had a banner BI available, so the Mk3 pen has a Mk2 nib.)

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx356/richardandtracy/ParkerDuofoldsmallv3.jpg

Photo taken by a friend of mine.

I love the pearl & black with its #95 BI nib, but after loosing it in the snow when we went out for a family walk, it's never leaving the house again and I use my almost identical Kaigelu 316's instead. Fortunately I walked the exact route of our walk just after dawn the next day after losing it, and found my Duofold beautifully displayed on a lump of melting snow. That's why my K316's get so much use, and the P&B Centennial so little.

Pealescent Black (as found in the K316) would be a fantastic colour for Parker to produce.

Regards,

Richard.

Lucky you were able to find that pen. It's probably safer to take a red pen for a walk in the snow! :D The pearl & black is iconic. I also like the pearl grey and jade green particularly well—oh, yes—and Mandarin yellow.

Happiness is a real Montblanc...

I'll play. (There is one rollerball in there. The two on the far right are Paul Rossi interpretations made with Parker parts (e.g. nibs, feed, section, clip, etc.).
http://i65.tinypic.com/do9lpd.jpg

Duofold Prestige Centennial - Ruthenium

Barrel: Ruthenium plated

Trim: Palladium plated

Nib: Ruthenium finish

just got few pics from mobile only...

zGMMUBy.jpg?2

rwZB843.jpg?1

X1aucAX.jpg?1

Ys2wFZZ.jpg?1

I love this pen, like a paladin's sword.

Duofold Prestige Centennial - Ruthenium

Barrel: Ruthenium plated

Trim: Palladium plated

Nib: Ruthenium finish

just got few pics from mobile only...

I love this pen, like a paladin's sword.

Love all these Duofolds... There are some impressive collections here. Haven't gotten myself one yet, but they're on my shortlist.

Tee Tee: that's a lovely Duofold. I haven't seen one live yet, but I'm curious about it. Quick question: is it heavy? Does it feel like a solid bar of metal in the hand?

D.

some great collections out there!!

here are my red and green (I have the blue marble too, but no pic yet)

fpn_1554757075__p1150475-3_parker_duofol

question for the experts out there, why has my red two gold rings on the section and the green one only?

Edited by sansenri

Love all these Duofolds... There are some impressive collections here. Haven't gotten myself one yet, but they're on my shortlist.

Tee Tee: that's a lovely Duofold. I haven't seen one live yet, but I'm curious about it. Quick question: is it heavy? Does it feel like a solid bar of metal in the hand?

D.

Pls read my little review:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/345361-parker-duofold-prestige-centennial-ruthenium/

Quick answer: yes, but not really as heavy as a metal bar, lol. I may use sturdy, instead of heavy, to describe i think.

Very comfortable to write with, uncapped weight is 35g, similar to capless i think.

some great collections out there!!

here are my red and green (I have the blue marble too, but no pic yet)

fpn_1554757075__p1150475-3_parker_duofol

question for the experts out there, why has my red two gold rings on the section and the green one only?

The red one has the correct section with arrow nib for the earlier model. The green one is also an earlier model pen body but has a one-ring section and banner nib from a later model beginning 1996. These nibs/sections are interchangeable and work perfectly well from one pen to another but the different era nib/section design may bother some people.

Pls read my little review:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/345361-parker-duofold-prestige-centennial-ruthenium/

Quick answer: yes, but not really as heavy as a metal bar, lol. I may use sturdy, instead of heavy, to describe i think.

Very comfortable to write with, uncapped weight is 35g, similar to capless i think.

Thanks TeeTee... and thanks for pointing me to your review.

All these Duofolds are killing me... I'm going to have to go shopping soon.

Lovely pens everyone.

D.

The red one has the correct section with arrow nib for the earlier model. The green one is also an earlier model pen body but has a one-ring section and banner nib from a later model beginning 1996. These nibs/sections are interchangeable and work perfectly well from one pen to another but the different era nib/section design may bother some people.

thanks for the info!

thanks for the info!

You are most welcome. I wish you much enjoyment of the pens.