The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

A Balance Or Not A Balance, That Is The Question...

sheaffer balance white dot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arrivistepen

Arrivistepen

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 March 2019 - 19:04

Hi Sheaffer Fans, 

I'm wondering if this pen is a Sheaffer Balance. Trying to increase my PIQ (Pen I.Q.), as well as identify this modern Sheaffer. I am in love with the Sheaffer Balance and continue the easter egg hunt for them.

I'm thinking NOT, but not sure if my observations bear this out. Also, I have not been able to identify what Sheaffer model it might be, so a few of your brain cycles on this would be appreciated.  Other resources to assist in identification would also be greatly appreciated. 

My observations:

• Seems like the right shape (although not as 'pointy' as the Balance on the ends, seems LESS Balanced! ),
  • Clip seems to be different than the Balance pictures, with the White Dot on it - not on the cap directly 
  • It is a matte black - and cannot find any reference or example of this finish offering as a Balance
  • Nib looks like SS w/ , marked Sheaffer M (Seems like it could be a "low end" offering)

Thank you for any assistance in increasing my PIQ, and figuring out what model this pen is.

Regards, George

Schaeffer Balance or What.jpg

Edited by Arrivistepen, 18 March 2019 - 19:13.

Sponsored Content

#2 BaronWulfraed

BaronWulfraed

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 March 2019 - 19:48

Sheaffer VFM based upon images at https://nopenintende...t-fountain-pen/

Not a Balance II.

#3 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,259 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 March 2019 - 19:49

Agreed, not a balance

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#4 Arrivistepen

Arrivistepen

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 March 2019 - 20:15

Thank you both. Q: Where in the world could one of life's pen mysteries be solved by a Baron & a PAKMAN? A: ONLY here on FPN ! THanks again, George

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sheaffer, balance, white dot

Sponsored Content

|