The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pilot Iroshizuku 100Th Anniversary Limited Edition Inks

iroshizuku

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Uncial

Uncial

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2019 - 16:19

I broke open the Ebisu. I was expecting a cool, icy blue but it's quite weird. It has a long dry time,it's very watery but perfectly legible and has a great deal of shading. It falls down on the lubrication front. I like it but feel a little disappointed with it because I was expecting something quite different. On most papers its a rather plain, pale blue but on slightly more absorbent papers a very strange purple aspect shines through. It doesn't in any way resemble the colour printed on the packaging. If you liked the Miles Davis MB Blue you will enjoy this. 

Sponsored Content

#22 SamCapote

SamCapote

Got Warm Milk?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2019 - 16:42

I recently saw these promoted on jet Pen’s website and none of them are dark enough or colorful enough to interest me in the least except for the very first one the hoteisan. Very disappointing from an otherwise good company. 

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

#23 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,054 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2019 - 20:50

Sam, when my ink collection grows up, it wants to be just like yours.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#24 mauckcg

mauckcg

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2019 - 19:56

My bottle of Hoteison came today.  It's what i expected, a slightly washed out green black.  It doesn't match with anything else i have so this turned out well.

#25 SchaumburgSwan

SchaumburgSwan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2019 - 02:59

My bottle of Hoteison came today.  It's what i expected, a slightly washed out green black.  It doesn't match with anything else i have so this turned out well.

Hi,

that's an interesting ink.

Is it's color more a warm or a cold green-black?

Best

Jens

.....................................................................................................

https://www.flickr.c...5166@N02/albums

#26 rebcabin

rebcabin

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2019 - 15:25

I've been using both Momiji and Bishamonten for a little while. They're very similar on various kinds of paper. It takes a moment's staring at them to tell the difference. Bishamonten is perhaps a little more pink, Momiji very slightly more orange. They're both fantastic and high on my list of lifetime favorites.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iroshizuku

Sponsored Content

|