The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lamy Peridote Ink

lamy

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 penzel_washinkton

penzel_washinkton

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2019 - 14:49

I have Beryl and Benitoite, so I'll review those as well.

Looking forward to see those reviews, especially the Benitoite

Sponsored Content

#22 bebna

bebna

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2019 - 16:46

But the bottle is a catastrophe.

Sadly, yes. First bottle of inks I need to put a card under because of the missing name on the bottle and it's inability to stop ink flowing down the neck when you close the lid.

M1000

While some perhaps find a M1000 to be to extreme, this is only a Kaweco Supra:
fSArwZem.jpg

its cap's design and function are absolutely excellent. 

I hate that cap. In the shadow of the shelf I can't really distinguish the colours from the band alone and all the ink on top of the cap tends just to flow out on the sides while closing, which results in spills if you don't wish from the neck.

For a German forum I already did a short test of the ink, but I've not come to my final conclusions yet, because I got some series starting problems with both of my T53 inks and I don't think that Lamy would sell them with those faults. So I'm currently testing out what is wrong or if they just don't really like the semi-dry pens I used them with. But I do can say that the colour of Peridot is very similar to the green stripes of the Pelikan pens.
4vqyKbkm.jpgVVRegAMm.jpgqpBMvTXm.jpggsZgUO6m.jpg

Edited by bebna, 20 March 2019 - 16:49.

#23 1nkulus

1nkulus

Thought2Papier via Ink2Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2019 - 18:58

I used a syringe to fill the M1000 on the handful of occasions that I did use the new inks.  sad.png

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

#24 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,084 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:35

Thanks Vis.  I will miss out on this one - I just never use my teal inks.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#25 mariom

mariom

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:10

... the (straight, vertical) height of the ink is only 19 mm, and that is just not deep enough for its complete nib length of 27 mm. It was hard (maybe impossible) to fill that pen from a full bottle of this ink -- even with both bottle and pen dangerously tilted -- and will become only more and more difficult in the up and coming future.

That pretty much sums up my concerns about the bottle design.

I just don't understand why manufacturers continue to offer ink in bottles so fundamentally unsuitable to the task of filling a fountain pen.

=====================================
Mario Mirabile
Melbourne, Australia

www.miralightimaging.com

=====================================

#26 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:22

The bottles look to have a wide opening, better to accommodate #6 and larger nibs.

Another great review Vis. I was looking at reviews for Bungubox Ink of the Witch, and the Color Chooser would not load. My plan was to use your color values to compare the Witch ink to Diamine Eclipse.

It does not matter now as I have no plans to spend that much on inks now.

The wide opening makes them so shallow that they become hard to fill again.

Even nearly full, you have to tilt the bottle to fill most bigger nib pens.

I also find the lid's inner seal to too easily detach from the cap.

I do not like the new bottle design.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#27 praxim

praxim

still on twig

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,729 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:16

I am using this ink in an EF nib Soennecken.

Love the colour and all other characteristics of the ink in the pen.

Like the bottle, if one only wishes to look at it.

Hate the bottle in all other respects. I have pasted labels on each to say what it is, else one can not distinguish them without pulling them into the light. Filling will soon be difficult on all decent open nibs. Cap tends to drop ink down the side, despite me having no tendency to shake the bottle.

Lamy designed the T52 bottle, so why foist this on us?
"...all observation must be for or against some view if it is to be of any service." Charles Darwin

#28 chromantic

chromantic

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2019 - 13:16

Great review, as always. I like the color but it looks awfully similar to Dark Forest (maybe DF is a tad bluer).

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy

Sponsored Content

|