2019 St. Louis Pen Show

KreepyKen

We're just about three months out from the start of the 2nd Annual St. Louis Pen Show! As large as our inaugural show was last year (1400 visitors, 95 vendors, 150 tables), this year's show is shaping up to be even bigger affair (judging by the size of the vendor waiting list and the number of companies that want to sponsor/promote).

Once again, we're holding it at the Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel. Westport Plaza is a fantastic location, as there is plenty of parking (including a garage), several restaurants within 5 minutes walk, and a free shuttle to/from the airport.

Here's the deets:

• When: June 21-23, 2019 (we're also having a trader day on Thursday, June 20)
    Friday: 11am to 6pm
    Saturday: 9am to 5pm
    Sunday: 10am to 3pm
  • Where: Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel, 900 Westport Plaza Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146
  • Discounted Hotel Room rate of $119 per night. Visit this link or call 314-878-1500 to make reservations
  • Price: $5 for 1-day pass, $10 for 3-day pass, kids free, $30 for trader pass (includes Thursday trader day)
  • Site: https://stlpenshow.com/

Hope to see you there!

fpn_1552843324__meet-me-in-stl_2019.png

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SwipedFromTruman

• PAKMAN

• The Write Pen

• KreepyKen

I'll be there!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• 2 months later...

I'm looking forward to the show this year. Last year it was wonderful. I enjoyed restoring pens onsite, gawking at the pens of others and selling, trading and buying. I made some new friends and caught up with old ones.

Regards,

danny

writepenbanner.gif.3b32962e78b1a1ac0464819a5bdfe0b8.gif

• 3 weeks later...

This is my city, so you know I'll be there. It'll be my first pen show, so I'm pretty excited about it.

"There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know." - Harry S Truman

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts on the size of this show compared to Chicago? I am trying to decide whether to make the 5 hour drive west this weekend.

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Loading up the car this morning and heading to St Lewis! Can't wait!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Loading up the car this morning and heading to St Lewis! Can't wait!

Hope you packed an umbrella.

"There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know." - Harry S Truman

I'll be there Saturday before the Cardinals game. It was a great time last year.

I'm looking to pick up another 51 or maybe a Vac.

Owner of many fine Parker fountain pens... and one Lamy.

I'll be there Saturday before the Cardinals game. It was a great time last year.

I'm looking to pick up another 51 or maybe a Vac.

Will you be attending Albert's return to STL? I myself am looking for a Waterman Commando. We'll see how lucky I get, given my proclivities towards saving money.

DH and I are driving over from Ohio. I know I'll have a great time shopping for pens on Saturday, hubby wants to spend the day out at the nearby parks. Hope he find some that aren't flooded!

Will you be attending Albert's return to STL?

I have a Ballpark Pass so I attend around 50 games per year. I will indeed stand and cheer for Albert's hopefully not so triumphant return. I haven't seen him play since the 2011 World Series.

Owner of many fine Parker fountain pens... and one Lamy.

I have a Ballpark Pass so I attend around 50 games per year. I will indeed stand and cheer for Albert's hopefully not so triumphant return. I haven't seen him play since the 2011 World Series.

Thats spectacular! Im both excited for- and jealous of you. My wife and I have half season tickets but Friday and Saturdays game isnt part of our half season. Oh well, well catch him on Sunday.

The show was fun and I bought so many great pens!

PAKMAN

Any exclusive inks at the show this year? Know if theres any leftover that will be available at any the usual shops?

Any exclusive inks at the show this year? Know if theres any leftover that will be available at any the usual shops?

Yes, there was. You can see it here in Mike Matteson's review:

Someone from my local pen club was going (she left last week's SCN meeting early because she had an early flight from Pittsburgh, and promised to show photos -- and I think any goodies she picked up -- next month.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Yes, there was. You can see it here in Mike Matteson's review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwqiTPr4HdA

I should probably just ask you to get a bottle of any ink exclusives from any of the shows you visit if you have the opportunity. Just advance you $100 and ask you to see me when you run out for a top up. :)

Thanks to the St Louis Pens club and the show organizers for another great show. The extras including lunches and desert evening were icing on the cake. It was a wonderful show with good traffic, vendors and special pens abounded. I enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Several pens brought back to writing and some passed along to new hands for more miles of writing. I bought a few different pens from great sellers that fill my pocket these days.

Regards,

danny

writepenbanner.gif.3b32962e78b1a1ac0464819a5bdfe0b8.gif