The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

La Couronne Du Comte 11Th Anniversary Sale: 20% Off

lcdc

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:43

I got this in email from La Couronne du Comte in a newsletter this morning:

(https://www.lacouronneducomte.nl/afb/news-201903-en-dvak1_07.jpg)

La Couronne du Comte - 11th Anniversary!

Already 11 years ago, we started with the online sales of writing instruments. Now, 11 years after the beginning, we moved twice to a bigger store, our team has grown and we remain at your service as ever! The coming week we will have several special offers, so keep an eye on our newsletter and website.
We will start with a 20% discount on our assortment this weekend
...‹snip›...

One could, for example, get a Pelikan M800 Stone Garden with either a Fine or a Medium nib for the effective price of €297.52 (about A$475 for us Aussies, or US$337), for direct exporting outside of the EU with free international delivery. There are also some Aurora 88 models already on special offer, to which one can apply the discount code in the newsletter.

I've taken advantage of such compounding offers on pens that are listed as "SALE: LAST MODEL" in the past, and there was no delay in getting those particular pens shipped shortly after ordering.

Pretending that all fountain pen collectors and/or enthusiasts here are like-minded, or at least find some merit in each others' personal preferences, is misguided to say the least. Having a shared or common interest in the acquisition and use of fountain pens does not mean one thinks that any of the following qualities is essential, ideal, superior, or preferable: wetbroadflex, vintage, piston-fill, transparent, shading, sheeny, and cheap.

Sponsored Content

#2 mke

mke

Read my lips: No more (pens/inks/paper)

• Member - Gold

• 1,801 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:01

And I bought a Otto Hutt Design 07 in silver. :)

Too tempting: https://www.ottohutt...jects/design07/

#3 anonymous3715

anonymous3715

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:03

Wow, 337 dollars for a M800 Stone Garden is an amazing deal! Thanks for the info!

#4 Intensity

Intensity

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2019 - 04:14

EDIT: nevermind--found it in the "Last Model" section.  Thank you!!  It was one of my dream pens, and I've ordered it.  I wish I could get this pen with an IB nib.

Wow, 337 dollars for a M800 Stone Garden is an amazing deal! Thanks for the info!

One could, for example, get a Pelikan M800 Stone Garden with either a Fine or a Medium nib for the effective price of €297.52 (about A$475 for us Aussies, or US$337), for direct exporting outside of the EU with free international delivery. There are also some Aurora 88 models already on special offer, to which one can apply the discount code in the newsletter.

Edited by Intensity, 17 March 2019 - 05:50.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

(quote source)

#5 mke

mke

• Member - Gold

• 1,801 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 08:54

From another thread: FPN member SAYS realized that

"You can buy gift certificates at lcdc and get the 20% discount .. heh... essentially you can use this for future purchase.. how cool is that..."

#6 Says

Says

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2019 - 17:01

shhhhhh lol

#7 1nkulus

1nkulus

Thought2Papier via Ink2Pen

• Member - Gold

• 1,807 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 March 2019 - 21:10

And I bought a Otto Hutt Design 07 in silver. smile.png

Too tempting: https://www.ottohutt...jects/design07/

Great choice.  thumbup.gif  It is on my buy list.

What is the thickness of the grip, M600 or M800?

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

#8 mke

mke

• Member - Gold

• 1,801 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 21:14

@1nkulus
Mine is on back-order, I choose the EF nib. Arriving in NL, it has to move again - to Japan.
As soon as I have it, I will comment. But, afair, it is big.

edit:
I asked - it is not so big as I thought - smallest width 9.8mm, largest 11.0mm
For comparison, M600 9.8mm and M800 11.0mm - no warranty for the Pelikan data from the web.

Edited by mke, 25 March 2019 - 07:28.

Sponsored Content

|