FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Esterbrook University Semester 2: The Dollar Pen
Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:05
I just matriculated myself into the degree program on YouTube!
David A. Naess
Realization of the vastness of one's own ignorance
is the first step on the road to true wisdom.
-- Adi Shankara
Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:18
On the size comparison don't forget the 1.00 pens come in multiple sizes.
Posted 30 May 2019 - 18:45
A quick Google search revealed that back in 1936 The average wage worker was paid 45 cents per hour
The high per hour rate was 95 cents per hour and the low earner was paid 15 cents per hour
Although my keyboard show the $ character the, cent is now omitted , even better than dollar rounding.
So although Esty sold a fine product, one which has withstood the test of time.
Their Dollar pen could cost the average student up to 6 1/2 hours labor to Just over one hour labor for the Dollar pen.
Peace be with you . Hug your loved ones today
Posted 28 June 2019 - 16:16
Did Esterbrook ever manufacture the Dollar Pen out of materials other than plastic? I assume the plastic referred to in your video was polystyrene? I have a Dollar that I soaked for 48 hrs. to remove dried ink from the barrel, and the black barrel developed a distinct green cast, which didn't go away on drying. I read somewhere that these pens were manufactured from hard rubber and therefore should never be soaked.
Nice video, by the way - good to have the dates of manufacture.